By: Anonymous: Muzza ()  Thursday, 07 February 2008 @ 01:51 PM ICT (Read 3502 times)  

Hi.
I'm planning a holiday from australia to thailand and was wondering if there are any places in thailand which hire out bigger bikes, like 600cc+ R6 GSX600 etc. As an experienced rider i would like to hire a decent bike over there instead of a little scooter. I've searched on the net but seems most hire bikes are scooters??? thanks for any help!!

By: news (offline)  Thursday, 07 February 2008 @ 06:47 PM ICT  

Hi Muzza,

It would be helpful to know where you stay in Thailand, cities like Phuket, Pattaya or Chiang Mai have enough places to rent a bigger bike.

Not forget to bring a international drivers license, nobody at the bike rental will ask for it, but if you get into problems it helps a lot. Also if you rent a bike, check everything, and make sure that the bike comes with insurance. Also ask questions about what if... say what if you fall and the bike is damaged..who pays..I say this because sometimes less official bike rental places sometimes resort to mafia style practices of asking for the value of the bike...

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Anonymous: Muzza ()  Friday, 08 February 2008 @ 12:58 PM ICT  

sorry i forgot to mention i will be mainly around phuket.
thanks for the help. Are there any you could reccomend to me in this area
thanks again

3 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 134 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association