By: Anonymous: Pook99 ()  Wednesday, 03 March 2010 @ 06:59 PM ICT (Read 3091 times)  

How can I go about opening a motorcycle dealership in Thailand?

I have contacted the big brands (Yamaha, Honda, Kawasaki etc) but with limited success....

Anyone know how to go about doing this?

Thanks

By: Anonymous: ping ()  Thursday, 04 March 2010 @ 10:15 AM ICT  

The 4 famous motorcycle manufacturers doesn't seem to be very active when it comes to new dealerships.

But if you want to try your luck, you best register first a company, open a Thai bank account for the company and deposited a serious amount of money on that account. Then first try to become a dealer of some less famous motorcycle brands, Tiger motorcycle, Lifan, and Zongshen come to mind. Also try to score some aftermarket accessory brands (exhaust systems, shocks, tires, etc) that maybe looking for dealers.

And look for a A-locations, in motorcycle sells location, location and location is important. Also try to snatch a mechanic from another dealership, offer him better pay... motorcycle from the company..etc. When you have all this brands like Kawasaki, Honda, Yamaha, and Suzuki would not turn there backs so quickly.

By: Anonymous: Pook99 ()  Thursday, 04 March 2010 @ 07:32 PM ICT  

Thanks Ping

I was hoping for a simple 'box store' type solution. I guess it all takes time and the big brands need to be sure that you are able to do it sucessfully.

Thanks for the information.

By: Richard (offline)  Thursday, 04 March 2010 @ 07:52 PM ICT  

A lot of smaller dealers doesn't actual take the bikes from the factory directly, they buy them from the authorized “bigger” dealer in the area.

Richard

Group Comfort
Level:
: +10

4 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 134 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association