By: Anonymous: Sven ()  Thursday, 07 January 2010 @ 12:55 PM ICT (Read 3537 times)  

I'm thinking of buying a scooter as a more practical and cheaper way of doing the daily commute. So far I have seen very little info on scooter fuel economy specifications and km/l. I'm surprised that manufacturers don't show this, with exception of Honda's new PCX scooter – for which Honda published some millage information.

Surely fuel economy must be one of the big selling points of scooters. I've also noticed that some of the scooter manufacturers own sales blurb, quite often fails to give correct information. Am I missing something here or could it be scooter economy isn't so good a point after all?

By: news (offline)  Thursday, 07 January 2010 @ 06:08 PM ICT  

Scooter manufacturers all seem to have their own individual way of presenting their technical data. When we test a motorcycle or scooter, it's worth bearing in mind that this is normally carried out during the day and mostly one day only – and that wouldn't provide a very accurate figure. Maybe we should ask the reader of this forum? After all, they use their motorcycles and scooters daily, under different conditions over a longer period. We could start a sort of 'table' with user fuel consumption data...

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Anonymous: John ()  Saturday, 09 January 2010 @ 01:00 PM ICT  

Fuel figures from different motorcycle manufacturers are useless, until manufacturers in the automotive industry agree on a international standard of testing fuel consumption and engine efficiency...

3 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 134 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association