Login
Welcome to Motorcycle Thailand
Wednesday, August 20 2014 @ 03:23 PM ICT
 Forum Index >  Motorcycle Accessories >  Motorcycle Helmets New Topic Post Reply
 Real Ozzy Helmet
   |  Printable Version
By: Anonymous: ChangNoi ()  Tuesday, August 31 2010 @ 09:07 AM ICT (Read 3072 times)  
Anonymous: ChangNoi

Found a shop in Pattaya (Thanon Pattaya Tai at the intersection to Soi Bongkhot) that sells actually a nice selection of helmets. I assume that none of the helmets sold are DOT approved. As is the "Real Ozzy" also not DOT approved.

But it is a nice helmet, gives me some more are and has 2 visor's. One for at night and one for in the sun. And I can put on/off the helmet while wearing by glasses.

The fact that it gives more are also is a disadvantage on the bigger road as you will get more dirt in your face (even with the visor down).

And I would not recomend the helmet for driving faster as 120km/h as it very noice and catches a lot of wind turbulence.

But it is only 1800thb and not prices like 10.000thb for a good DOT approved helmet. Although on the long run I might go for a better helmet, which I will probably buy when I am back in Europe at the end of the year (much more choice and cheaper).

Although yesterday I saw a guy on a Kawa or Yam at a intersection in Patters wearing a great looking helmet in almost the same design as the Real Ozzy but it did looked like a much better helmet. Could not see the brandname, should have asked.

Chang Noi

By: Anonymous: Simmi ()  Wednesday, September 01 2010 @ 12:08 PM ICT  
Anonymous: Simmi

I was at a shop who sells Index helmets, they also look good and totally not expensive

By: Anonymous: shark ()  Wednesday, September 01 2010 @ 01:15 PM ICT  
Anonymous: shark

Quote by: ChangNoi

Found a shop in Pattaya (Thanon Pattaya Tai at the intersection to Soi Bongkhot) that sells actually a nice selection of helmets. I assume that none of the helmets sold are DOT approved. As is the "Real Ozzy" also not DOT approved.

But it is a nice helmet, gives me some more are and has 2 visor's. One for at night and one for in the sun. And I can put on/off the helmet while wearing by glasses.

The fact that it gives more are also is a disadvantage on the bigger road as you will get more dirt in your face (even with the visor down).

And I would not recomend the helmet for driving faster as 120km/h as it very noice and catches a lot of wind turbulence.

But it is only 1800thb and not prices like 10.000thb for a good DOT approved helmet. Although on the long run I might go for a better helmet, which I will probably buy when I am back in Europe at the end of the year (much more choice and cheaper).

Although yesterday I saw a guy on a Kawa or Yam at a intersection in Patters wearing a great looking helmet in almost the same design as the Real Ozzy but it did looked like a much better helmet. Could not see the brandname, should have asked.

Chang Noi

Hi Changnoi,

If you want to be sure about the safety of your helmet, please visit http://sharp.direct.gov.uk/

It is a UK government website which test every helmet of every brand, it is not a sponsored link, so have a look ! and that might help you to buy the right helmet for yourself.

Best regards

Sylvain

By: taichiplanet (offline)  Friday, September 10 2010 @ 10:29 AM ICT  
taichiplanet

I think it is the same shop i go to (sorry, i have no sense of direction). If you head up Pattaya Tai from 3rd Road it is on the right side about 1 km up. They have the brand named Real Helmet which is made in Thailand and DOT rated. I have had a couple of them and they are good helmets. They also sell replacement visors

I get the full faced helmets; i paid Bt2200 for the Stealth Black rubber coated model and the current one (GJ998-G10) was about Bt1600 . As a helmet for around town they are great; comfortable and vents okay. The Stealth vents a little better. Real also make an open helmet that is DOT rated; the GJ-603. http://www.real-helmets.com/

Although there are many different cultures, races and religions in the world, there are only 3 types of people; those that squeeze every last drop out of a toothpaste tube, those that don’t and those that think they do.

Forum Chatty
Chatty

Group Comfort
Level:
: +4

Profile Email Website  
New Topic Post Reply

All times are ICT. The time is now 03:23 pm.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic w/ New Post Sticky Topic w/ New Post
Locked Topic w/ New Post Locked Topic w/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

Advertising

Poll

How many times have you crashed your motorcycle in the last three years?

•  Never
  •  Once
  •  Twice
  •  Three times
  •  Four times
  •  Five times
  •  More than 6 times
  •  More than 10 times
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 3,409 votes | 13 comments

TMEA MEMBER