By: Anonymous: Rinco ()  Wednesday, 16 December 2009 @ 06:52 PM ICT (Read 6262 times)  

I am thinking of buying a scooter for my daily commuting, which is mainly 10 kilometer home-work and visa-versa.

Most of the people who I ask tell me that the Yamaha Nouvo Elegance 135 is the best buy...

What should I buy a 250cc Lifan or a Yamaha Nouvo Elegance 135?

By: Richard (offline)  Thursday, 17 December 2009 @ 08:34 AM ICT  

You first choice, the Yamaha Nouvo Elegance, is an excellent scooter – it has a powerful engine and has good fuel economics, you can service the Yamaha “almost” on every corner of Bangkok.Thai Bike

The Lifan LF250T-6B (Elite 250) scooter is the first 250cc scooter available on the Thai market, Lifan is a new motorcycle manufacturer who entered the Thai motorcycle market – therefore we can say little about the service or the density of the dealer network, as both the dealer network and service stations are currently still not setup. To our information Lifan will start a dealer program in early next year, the results of that we not know...

Both the Yamaha and the Lifan scooter are solidly build, road handling of both is above average.. Obvious the 250cc Lifan scooter is much more powerful then the 135cc Yamaha, still the Yamaha Nouvo Elegance 135 with about 11 horsepower engine takes a good second place in the Thailand small scooter market. The Lifan 250cc scooter produces about 17 horsepower and twice the torque of the 135cc Yamaha.

On the question which is better – both the Yamaha and the Lifan have good and less good sides, for the Lifan the less good side is surely the unknown of the future and service commitment of Lifan Thailand.
Road Cruise

Richard

Group Comfort
Level:
: +10

By: Anonymous: hahaha ()  Thursday, 17 December 2009 @ 08:55 AM ICT  

More Chinese crap like Platinum and JRD

By: Richard (offline)  Thursday, 17 December 2009 @ 09:15 AM ICT  

Actually both Platinum and JRD are not Chinese companies, but yes they sell Chinese made motorcycles.

Platinum is a Thai company, which buys motorcycles from several manufacturers in China – quality and continuity is often the problem with sourcing from different so called no-name bike manufacturers. As example the earlier Platinum PX175 are not build by the same Chinese factory who makes them today, we believe that it is possible that Platinum has switched factories more often – the main problem with switching between factories is that the bike may look very similar or even identical – but if it comes to mechanical parts, like engine parts, they are completely different...

Platinum motorcycles is only active in Thailand....

JRD is a Malaysian company, which is also active in Thailand. The Thai sales and distribution office is located in the South of Thailand in Songkhla.. JRD works very similar to Platinum, they source parts, rolling chassis and engines in China and assemble the motorcycle in Malaysia.

Lifan is a Chinese company and manufactures, assembles and distributes the motorcycles around the world, from where they are mostly redistributed by the local Lifan sales/distribution office/company to the domestic market. Lifan is actively selling motorcycles in countries as the USA, Japan, Germany, Italy, UK (and several other European countries by the European distribution office)... Lifan sales its motorcycles in 130 countries around the globe.

Lifan has motorcycle factories in China, Thailand, and Vietnam...

Richard

Group Comfort
Level:
: +10

4 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 135 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association