10 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Anonymous: buster england ()  Wednesday, 02 December 2009 @ 01:27 PM ICT (Read 7606 times)  

help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

can somebody please give me infomation on this issue. i am wanting to break down a yamaha raptor 700 quad bike and ship it to thailand,i am based in pattaya,maprachan lake area,ive been here 9 years now,and have 2 road bikes currently,but now want a big boys toy,not a school run moped,i have had a qoute already for shipping witch is very reasonable at £220. very cheap. as the bike breaks down into small units and only weights 187kg complete. i was told a few years back that it is cheaper if broken down into a disassembled package.any infomation would be valued and a big help

thanks mike

By: Anonymous: SamSam ()  Wednesday, 02 December 2009 @ 02:28 PM ICT  

You not have to worry about import duty, as it will not be that high. Import it as farm equipment (which is what it is officially, farm equipment has special import duty). You will never be able to get a license-plate and register the Quad in Thailand anyway. it doesn't matter for a Quad how you import it.

When importing, make sure that nobody calls it a "bike" or suggest it is a "motorcycle", to the Thai Road Regulations it is not a motorcycle or bike, therefore you should not confuse the custom officers... It is FARM EQUIPMENT...

Hope this helps

By: Anonymous: buster england ()  Saturday, 05 December 2009 @ 06:43 PM ICT  

thanks samsam for the infomation,thats a great help.

so will i legally be able to use it on public roads and obtain any kind of insurance?

By: Anonymous: popeye ()  Thursday, 25 March 2010 @ 09:23 AM ICT  

I would be very interested as how you get on with this.I live around the lake also and want to import a raptor here.This will be my second quad in thailand and with the mrs having family in gov up north they have said as long as it is road legal(indicators etc) they will get it registered here.It is in the pipeline in thailand for them to be made legal so am considering paying the import tax

By: news (offline)  Thursday, 25 March 2010 @ 01:36 PM ICT  

I know a few people who have imported Quads into Thailand, and the smart once all imported them as Farm-Equipment, saves on import tax. With fine-tuned specifications like mini-tractor and other names, there is no problem for mini-tractors (Quads) to get license plates. But most people do not bother, as it costs a lot, exhaust-emission and road safety tests alone count for 60,000 Baht, and this is without the application for the green-book and license-plates (4-wheeler needs also front plates).

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Anonymous: popeye ()  Thursday, 25 March 2010 @ 03:47 PM ICT  

can the farm equipment(quad) come whole in a crate or should it be stripped down.I want to import from uk.Do you know what paperwork i would need or best to get an agent(do you know one).I appreciate all help on this.
cheers

By: Richard (offline)  Thursday, 25 March 2010 @ 04:54 PM ICT  

Importing a vehicle by yourself is never a good idea, on paper it looks cheaper, but in reality you save money by hiring a international forwarder company, with experience in motor-vehicles to do all the work.

A company I can recommend for motorcycle imports and customs clearance is:

Rogers Bangkok Co., Ltd.
90/1 Moo4 Bangchalong, Bangplee,
Samutprakarn 10540
Tel: 662-752-6417-9
Fax: 662-752-6420

Richard

Group Comfort
Level:
: +10

By: Anonymous: popeye ()  Friday, 26 March 2010 @ 03:54 PM ICT  

ok, thanks for that

By: Anonymous: dino ()  Saturday, 27 March 2010 @ 09:08 AM ICT  

can this `farm equipment`(quad) be second hand or does it have to be brand new?

By: news (offline)  Saturday, 27 March 2010 @ 09:37 AM ICT  

Yes, the Quad can be secondhand - you actually pay even less import tax if its secondhand...

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

10 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 132 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association