11 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Anonymous: John ()  Friday, 27 November 2009 @ 10:14 AM ICT (Read 10021 times)  

I am in my 50's, love dirt bikes and riding, and I'm looking at a purchasing a new Kawasaki KLX250 that was set up as a street-legal dual-sport. I intend to ride here and there some dual-sport events, go trail riding, and do short rides on the pavements with this Kawasaki KLX250. I have a 30 inseam and am buying a bike with more power than I truly need, but I can't pass up a deal.

With that said, and knowing there is not a bike perfect for all applications, what modifications could I do feel more comfortable and confident riding in the woods and elsewhere?

By: news (offline)  Friday, 27 November 2009 @ 02:10 PM ICT  

The Kawasaki KLX250 is a great machine that has passion for all facets of off-road, not much we can add what will change that. Some people have installed after-market engine control units (ECU's) for better performance, your local Kawasaki dealer can help you with this performance enhancements.

As you mention that the KLX250 is more powerful than you need, you maybe want to look at a relative newcomer on the Thai motorcycle market. The Lifan LF200GY-5, it is less powerful than the Kawasaki KLX250 and with a price which is around 55,000 Baht your wallet will also like it.

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Anonymous: Ron ()  Friday, 27 November 2009 @ 05:12 PM ICT  

Can you rent one for a day or two to see for yourself?
Question

By: news (offline)  Friday, 27 November 2009 @ 07:17 PM ICT  

Hi Ron,

Which one do you mean? The Kawasaki KLX250 you can likely rent in Pattaya or Chiang Mai, Bangkok I did not hear about a motorcycle renting service. The Lifan is currently only represented by its manufacturing and sales office. But if you ask nicely I'm confident that both Kawasaki Thailand and Lifan let you look at the enduro machines from close-up....

news

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Anonymous: Ron ()  Saturday, 28 November 2009 @ 11:06 AM ICT  

John's initial interest was the Kawa; that's what I was referring to.

By: news (offline)  Saturday, 28 November 2009 @ 12:39 PM ICT  

I believe that you can rent the Kawasaki KLX250 at some popular tourist destinations, and then I thinking of Phuket, Pattaya and Chiang Mai. Currently I not believe you can rent them in Bangkok...

news

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Anonymous: ted ()  Sunday, 29 November 2009 @ 01:14 AM ICT  

I like the idea of getting a Lifan, but only for the city.
Once concern about the Lifan is if you ride the trails alone.
There's no way it will outlast a Japanese bike in lifespan so it will likely break down on you when you're in the woods out of cell phone range as you're getting malaria and dengue.
I've had tons of friends with Chinese scooters, they always broke down but since we rode with a rescue truck it never mattered.
A Kawi will be far more reliable and if you're not near people riding you should consider this.

By: Anonymous: ThaiBushBoy ()  Sunday, 29 November 2009 @ 03:05 AM ICT  

Malaria and dengue the only parts of Thailand you need to worry about that is so near the border of Burma or Cambodia that you not happy anyway.

Clear B-S posting check your countries international health department and they will confirm...

By: news (offline)  Monday, 07 December 2009 @ 01:31 PM ICT  

I have a Honda CRF450X, and I believe that most problems with dirt bikes can be traced back to maintenance on the motorcycle, somebody who buys a 149,000 Baht motorcycle will more likely maintenance the bike more often, then somebody wanting a dirt bike for the now-and-then a few hours on weekends in the dirt.

Sure the Lifan LF200GY-5 will never outperform a Kawasaki KLX250, and the Lifan needs probably a bit more maintenance then a Kawasaki, but then a Kawasaki KLX250 costs 149,000 Baht, while the the Lifan LF200GY-5 costs 55,000 Baht.

news

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Anonymous: nilez ()  Sunday, 14 November 2010 @ 04:58 PM ICT  

hey where did you buy your bike and for how much?

yep interesting the guy who's riding crf persuade others to buy lifan and other scrap Laughing Out Loud

By: Anonymous: nilez ()  Tuesday, 23 November 2010 @ 07:10 PM ICT  

Quote by: nilez

hey where did you buy your bike and for how much?

yep interesting the guy who's riding crf persuade others to buy lifan and other scrap Laughing Out Loud

NEWS, bro that was joke, c'mon answer my question please

11 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 134 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association