By: news (offline)  Monday, 10 September 2007 @ 06:31 AM ICT (Read 1919 times)  

Team Alstare Suzuki Corona Extra rider Xavier Simeon spent the whole 14-lap Superstock 1000 FIM Cup race in agony but defied the pain to take fifth place.

The problem with his left ankle once again flared up and after a couple of laps he was struggling to maintain his place and concentration to finish less than two-and-a-half seconds behind the race winner Didier Van Keymeulen (Yamaha).

Xavier Simeon - 5th - "That was a very hard and difficult race. After a short time my ankle really started hurting and it was hard to keep concentration. On the straights I had to take my left leg right off the footpeg, just so that I could change gear. Yesterday the conditions were wet and we weren't going so fast and we all had to ride much more smoothly so it was not such a big problem, but today was dry and we were riding much harder and faster and that meant that I had to work my leg a lot more. It hurt a lot but I was determined to keep going as best I could. In the end, I don't think that fifth place is so bad, especially considering that I was not so far off from the leaders."

Superstock 1000 Results: 1 Van Keymeulen (B-Yamaha), 2 Canepa (I-Ducati), 3 Corti (I-Yamaha), 4 Aitchison (Aus-Suzuki), 5 Xavi Simeon (B-Alstare Suzuki Corona Extra), 6 Tode (D-Honda).

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

1 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 132 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association