12 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Anonymous: APH ()  Tuesday, 29 November 2016 @ 04:48 PM ICT (Read 1796 times)  

The new 2017 Honda CRF250 Rally and the regular Honda CRF250L and available at the Honda dealers nationwide.

The Honda CRF250 Rally has a suggested retail price of 170,000 THB and the Honda CRF250L suggested retail price is 150,000 THB.

By: news (offline)  Tuesday, 29 November 2016 @ 06:38 PM ICT  

The 2017 Honda CRF250L and the Honda CRF250-Rally use a different ECU as the 2016 Honda CRF250L, some of the modifying parts will not work anymore. Also the throttle body is now 38mm as it was 36mm for the 2016 CRF250L.

Both the 2017 CRF250L and CRF250-Rally have a newly designed airbox, and the airfilters are likely not compatible with previous models.

The exhaust system has a larger-diameter exhaust head pipe to provide better response and better power in the low and midrange rpm, it is teamed with a new muffler.

More information here The 2017 Honda CRF250 Rally Launched in Thailand.

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Anonymous: Interested ()  Tuesday, 29 November 2016 @ 07:11 PM ICT  

I cannot understand why in most other countries the Honda CRF250 Rally comes with ABS but in Thailand it is not available, not even as option????

By: news (offline)  Wednesday, 30 November 2016 @ 06:57 AM ICT  

Quote by: Interested

I cannot understand why in most other countries the Honda CRF250 Rally comes with ABS but in Thailand it is not available, not even as option????

I’m sure that the Honda CRF250-Rally not having ABS is a cost issue. Adding ABS to a motorcycle like the Honda CRF250 Rally will likely be an additional 15,000 THB, at the price range of 185,000 THB the Honda CRF250 Rally would have to compete with a whole other line of competition.

news

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Anonymous: DCcomic ()  Wednesday, 30 November 2016 @ 12:00 PM ICT  

I want to buy a new Honda CRF350 rally as I sold my Honda CRF250L a few months ago, I still have a FMF Powercore-4 exhaust system from the 2014 CRF250L will that fit on the new Honda CRF250 rally?

By: Anonymous: xBKK ()  Wednesday, 30 November 2016 @ 02:05 PM ICT  

I have looked at the CRF250 Rally and can only think what a ugly bike. How can Honda make something that hideous?

By: news (offline)  Wednesday, 30 November 2016 @ 04:25 PM ICT  

Quote by: xBKK

I have looked at the CRF250 Rally and can only think what a ugly bike. How can Honda make something that hideous?

When I saw the first Kawasaki Versys and the Ducati Multistrada I had the same idea, how could a manufacturer make something like that. But I tested both bikes and I extremely quickly forgot how they looked, as the riding was awesome… and now that we are a years later and we can look back on sales statistics we can see that both “ugly” bikes sold like pancakes … Actually we’re now a few generations into both motorcycles and they still sell very good, okay the styling has changed … or did we as consumers changed?

news

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Anonymous: Paul Miler ()  Tuesday, 07 February 2017 @ 08:09 AM ICT  

Ha ha, you guys are all correct: dual sports tend to be the ugliest bikes on the planet. But that's good! Dual sport riders are in for the ride, the fun, the adventure, and not for the looks. We don't own super-expensive things that we take out on Sunday and drive to the local $4-coffee bar to sit there and explain to other riders how our bikes are so beautiful (funny, though, that after two years they only have 5,000 km on them). Dual sport riders tend to be more "real." Enjoy.

By: Anonymous: Benard ()  Wednesday, 08 February 2017 @ 03:25 PM ICT  

Hello,

I have a question about the Honda CRF250L sold in Thailand, is that the regular CRF250L or the CRF250L/A?

Thanks,

Benard

By: news (offline)  Wednesday, 08 February 2017 @ 03:35 PM ICT  

Quote by: Benard

Hello,

I have a question about the Honda CRF250L sold in Thailand, is that the regular CRF250L or the CRF250L/A?

Thanks,

Benard

The 2017 Honda CRF250L sold in Thailand is the regular CRF250LDH, which comes without ABS. The 2017 Honda CRF250L/A with ABS (which can be switched off for the rear wheel) is not available in Thailand at this time.

The only CRF250L with ABS is the Honda CRF250L Rally

news

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Anonymous: Davo Bali ()  Tuesday, 04 April 2017 @ 10:03 AM ICT  

Quote by: news

I’m sure that the Honda CRF250-Rally not having ABS is a cost issue. Adding ABS to a motorcycle like the Honda CRF250 Rally will likely be an additional 15,000 THB, at the price range of 185,000 THB the Honda CRF250 Rally would have to compete with a whole other line of competition.

Quote by: news

Crazy .., But it wont have to be competing with anything - because ABS would simply be "an OPTION" , so the Base price bike would therefore still be on offer for the budget conscious.

Not having this ABS 'OPTION' really pisses me off. I live in Indonesia where our bikes are manufactured in Thailand and I was hoping to buy the ABS parts to convert my bike to an ABS version .., there goes that Idea.

I emailed Honda USA regarding buying ABS Parts .., heres what they replied Evil ..,

"Thank you for contacting our office regarding a 2017 CRF250L. The U.S. ABS
module is not interchangeable with a non-U.S. 2017 CRF250L. We highly
discourage installing Honda U.S. parts to a non-U.S. Honda motorcycle"

- Perhaps Honda USA is just jacked off that the Thailand Factory has robbed the US of a few manufacturing Jobs Crazy

Thailand and Indonesia HONDA are absolutely negligent in safety IMO .., No where else in the world would an ABS option be more 'applicable' to have as a safety aspect than in Indonesia and Thailand ..., WTF

In bothIndonesia and Thailand - riding on a dual sport with knobby tires,
(that will not grip the road anywhere near as well as a typical STREET tire)

..., Most riders will actually be clocking up many more 'On Road' kilometres, than off road kilometres in total ..,

In these 'ON ROAD kilometers ...., (in Indonesia or Thailand)

Eek! - Riding conditions are subjected to 6 months of seasonal slippery monsoon RAIN conditions for half the year.
Eek! - There is a multitude of poor , or badly maintained roads.
Eek! - Encountering on a typical ride , a vast number of crazy, danger increasing , unpredictable and mostly unregulated road users who obviously lack the safety driving / riding discipline that is more apparent in the west where the ABS OPTION is provided for the CRF Rally.

Twisted STUPID AND NEGLIGENT DECISION ON YOUR PART HONDA - SHAME ON YOU Exclaimation

By: ThaiDesign (offline)  Tuesday, 04 April 2017 @ 07:34 PM ICT  

Hello Davo Bali,

You can use the ABS parts from the Honda CRF250 Rally, this model has ABS and the ABS parts fit on a standard 2017 Honda CRF250L.

Even the 2017 Honda CRF250L/A (ABS version) as sold in Europe and the US are made in Thailand.

ThaiDesign

Group Comfort
Level:
: +30

12 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 135 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association