19 posts :: Page 1 of 2
By: Anonymous: Anonymous ()  Thursday, 01 October 2009 @ 05:25 PM ICT (Read 15507 times)  

This would make a great little commuter / tourer.
any ideas if it is going on sale in Thailand and if so when?
150,000 baht sounds very reasonable.

thanks

Matt..

By: Anonymous: Anonymous ()  Thursday, 01 October 2009 @ 05:27 PM ICT  

Where can I get one? I'm ready to buy.

By: news (offline)  Thursday, 01 October 2009 @ 05:35 PM ICT  

We cannot give exact date when the Honda VTR250 will be available in Thailand. We know that Honda Motor is currently setting up several production lines for new models, in Thailand and this includes 250cc class motorcycles, which should hopefully be available in the beginning of 2010.

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Anonymous: Anonymous ()  Saturday, 03 October 2009 @ 05:13 PM ICT  

Where can I buy one?

By: Anonymous: Anonymous ()  Wednesday, 21 October 2009 @ 04:07 PM ICT  

Sorry, yes trying Communications tournament.
I'd like to see the price of honda vtr 250.
And I want to know that the Thai will have sales.

By: Anonymous: josh ()  Monday, 21 June 2010 @ 10:36 PM ICT  

Any update on when the VTR250 will be available in Thailand?

By: ThaiDesign (offline)  Tuesday, 22 June 2010 @ 07:10 AM ICT  

The 250cc motorcycles Honda is currently building in Thailand are export only, we have no idea if when or if Honda is going to change its mind about this.

But if we can use Kawasaki as an example, Kawasaki announced on 15 November 2007 that the production in Thailand of the Ninja 250R was started – still it toke Kawasaki almost a year before the Ninja 250R was available at the dealers.
Click on image to open

ThaiDesign

Group Comfort
Level:
: +30

By: Anonymous: david ()  Saturday, 31 July 2010 @ 10:38 AM ICT  

ok so now a year and a half has gone by. Has Honda decided to sell this bike in Thailnad or not? If so could anyone give me a location in which I could buy one?

By: Anonymous: Claudia ()  Saturday, 31 July 2010 @ 11:08 AM ICT  

You just need to wait just a bit longer. Honda just announced that they will introduce a new bike in October.

By: heazille (offline)  Monday, 25 October 2010 @ 04:09 PM ICT  

November next week!

Any news on VTR250 yet?

Cheers
Richard

heazille

Group Comfort
Level:
: 0

By: Anonymous: Chanin ()  Monday, 25 October 2010 @ 07:14 PM ICT  

Some people still think that the V-twin engine of the VTR250 is going to be used for a motorcycle which will be launched first week of November

By: Matty (offline)  Monday, 25 October 2010 @ 11:03 PM ICT  

Come on Honda, get your act together and release the VTR250, alot of people are waiting for this top little bike.
95% of people who have moved on from their teenage years dont want a CBR150 that you have to rev the pants off to get any power.
The VTR250 V Twin has power low in its rev range, handles like a dream, is very comfortable to ride and can easily do long distance trips.
Looks fantastic too, like a baby Ducati.
I want one and bet my left testie they would sell heaps if priced reasonably.

RELEASE THE DAMN THING PLEASE.
Matt...

Matty

Group Comfort
Level:
: +2

By: taichiplanet (offline)  Tuesday, 26 October 2010 @ 07:49 AM ICT  

Good on ya Matty! I'm with you!

It is interesting that the article on this site about ABS for small bikes suggested that Honda will introduce it (plus several new models) at EICMA in Milan which starts on November 2nd. Maybe there won't be an announcement at the Honda Big Fun Fest in Bangkok this weekend on the 250 as it is a few days before the Milan show.

Though of course we know that what every happens in the rest of the world does not necessarily mean that APe Honda will do the same in Thailand.

Honda's race unit has announced the NSR250 with a single cylinder engine from the CRF250 .This will be used In 2012 for the new Moto3 replacing the current two-stroke 125cc MotoGP class.

world.honda.com/HRC/NRS/index.html

Although there are many different cultures, races and religions in the world, there are only 3 types of people; those that squeeze every last drop out of a toothpaste tube, those that don’t and those that think they do.

taichiplanet

Group Comfort
Level:
: +4

By: Richard (offline)  Tuesday, 26 October 2010 @ 09:27 AM ICT  

The Honda 250cc single-cylinder Moto3 bike will be to expensive and too complicated for mechanics to maintain as commercial road going motorcycle. The engine is based on the CRF250 ME10 engine, a high revving motocross bike, which needs maintenance after every race – and most motocross race team do a complete engine rebuild every 6-months. The CRF250 ME10 engine has zero tolerance on maintenance, meaning change the oil to late and you'll be sorry. Not check the valve clearing regularly and check them before starting a race and you likely not make it to the finish line...

If Honda will introduce a commercial motorcycle based on the CRF250 ME10 engine, it would be a service disaster...

Personal I will not be surprised to see that Honda will use the JBK-MC33 engine, which is the same V-twin engine they use in the VTR250. The production of the JBK-MC33 engine is already based in Thailand, and other benefit is that it would likely fit into the new CBR150R frame.

A V-twin for the new CBR250 would also explain the single exhaust pipe visual in some spy pictures.

Just my idea... But ABS for the CBR250 is real, not sure if it will be standard or an option... Just have to wait and see...

Richard

Group Comfort
Level:
: +10

By: taichiplanet (offline)  Tuesday, 26 October 2010 @ 05:59 PM ICT  

I wasn't saying the MotoGP3 CRF250 engine was gonna be for general road use, just a point of reference to what Honda racing will do.

The V-twin engine outta the VTR would be a great engine for Thailand, though not a high power engine. At least it will make it an alternative to the Ninja 250, but not if Honda use a single cylinder 250.

The new CBR150 does seem over built, i was thinking the same thing; that they will drop a 250 in it without too many changes. Makes sense to have as many components as possible between the 150 and 250.

Although there are many different cultures, races and religions in the world, there are only 3 types of people; those that squeeze every last drop out of a toothpaste tube, those that don’t and those that think they do.

taichiplanet

Group Comfort
Level:
: +4

19 posts :: Page 1 of 2