By: Anonymous: Lyle ()  Sunday, 08 March 2015 @ 12:57 PM ICT (Read 2958 times)  

I have a 2012 Honda Click 125i with an intermittent problem where the Check engine light will come on randomly and blink for 8 times, stop for a second and then blink 8 times again. When it does this, the bike looses power, has a bad smell from the exhaust and tends to sputter at times. I've taken it in to several Honda dealers where they said that they had to reprogram it, and it should be good to go. It might be ok for a week or so and then the same thing. I know that the 8 flashes must be a code for something, but they have never told me what it means. I wouldn't be surprised if it was just a dirty sensor or something, but without know what the code means, I'm at a loss.

By: news (offline)  Sunday, 08 March 2015 @ 07:44 PM ICT  

I looked up the 8 times flashing of the light in the Honda PGM-FI manual and the error is related to the throttle response and or the throttle position sensor. As you also report that the scooter looses power when the error code is displayed we can assume that the problem is with the throttle position sensor. If the throttle position sensor sends no usable data to the ECU it assumes that throttle is closed and no fuel is injected into the cylinder...

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Anonymous: Lyle ()  Sunday, 22 March 2015 @ 10:39 AM ICT  

So is there an IPB somewhere so I can take it in to the service guys and show them what needs to be replaced? After taking it to the Honda shop over 10 times they still cant figure out what the problem is.

By: news (offline)  Sunday, 22 March 2015 @ 08:50 PM ICT  

I was once told by a senior Honda HQ mechanic that some owners of Honda dealerships give mechanics limited access to technical information, so that mechanics cannot start their own repair shop...

I can imagine that the PGM-FI Error Code book is in the office of the owner of a Honda dealership while it should be easily available for all mechanics...

Sure we cannot be sure that this the case for you, but if you say the engine light blips 8-times, it is the throttle position sensor... so maybe the mechanic doesn't know the PGM-FI error codes...

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

4 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 135 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association