By: Anonymous: Ben2 ()  Saturday, 07 February 2015 @ 07:41 PM ICT (Read 2991 times)  

Hello, I hope that somebody here can help me. I have a 2013 Honda CBR500R and not so long after I bought the bike I purchased an Thai probably copy Arrow aftermarket muffler. A few months after I changed my muffler one of my riding buddies went down and damaged his original Honda muffler, so I sold him my muffler as it was wasting space.

To make a long story shorter, a few days ago I was stopped by a Thai traffic police and environmental police, they figured out that my motorcycle didn't have catalytic converter and therefore was illegal on the road. The motorcycle is currently at the police station, and after I pay the fine I can take it home if I can show the original Honda exhaust muffler.

I visited Honda Big Wing dealer and I asked for the original Honda article number 18310-MGZ-D00 muffler for the Honda CBR500R, and was completely surprised that the girl said after a short telephone conversation 'not have anymore, maybe try Bangkok', on which I try to explain that I was willing to pay deposit and they can order at Honda Thailand – but she said again, now with backup of a person who could speak much better English that Honda Thailand doesn't make the muffler for the Honda CBR500R anymore.

WFT, how is this possible they still sell the Honda CBR500R, I saw it on the showroom floor

By: news (offline)  Saturday, 07 February 2015 @ 08:03 PM ICT  

He Ben,

First welcome to our forum, the lady at the Honda Big Wing dealer had it indeed right, the Honda art. no. 18310-MGZ-D00 is not produced anymore. What I find a bit strange is that she did not directly tell you that the muffler was replaced by a revised model (the fixed some issues) that has the article number 18310-MGZ-305.

I hope you didn't sell your old original muffler too cheap, as a new original Honda muffler for the Honda CBR500R will cost likely around 11,000 THB.

One thing that is a bit confusing is that you talk about the catalytic converter being removed, the catalytic converter is not inside the muffler. The catalytic converter is located after the down pipes, directly under the engine. I hope you didn't replace that also and sold it to your buddy, because the front section of the exhaust system for the Honda CBR500R is a good amount more expensive... Likely 14 to 15,000 THB and that is without the muffler.

The complete original exhaust system for a Honda CBR500R cost about 26,000 THB and that is without covers, manifolds or other accessories....

I seriously hope you only need a original muffler, and maybe even somebody who reads this forum thread has a original Honda CBR500R muffler which he wants to sell...

Click on image to open

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Anonymous: Chang Noi ()  Saturday, 07 February 2015 @ 08:24 PM ICT  

Muffler = muffler and that does NOT include the cat. So tell the BIB to go to fairy-land with their story .... although I thin strictly is also against the law to change your muffler (more noise).

Just go to the Honda dealer explain the situation and borrow a original muffler, show that to the police and take your bike home. Otherwise find another CBR500R owner (or CB500F / CB500X) with a new muffler and ask if he still has his muffler.

Taking a muffler of takes about 5min.

By: news (offline)  Saturday, 07 February 2015 @ 08:33 PM ICT  

Hello Ben,

As Chang Noi says, you can also use a CB500F or CB500X muffler, they're identical...

I also have as attachment the part price list for the Honda CBR500R.. The prices are retail prices

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Anonymous: Stock CBR250R ()  Friday, 13 February 2015 @ 08:36 AM ICT  

How much is the fine?
Glad to see the police doing their job.

By: Anonymous: Stock CBR250R ()  Wednesday, 11 March 2015 @ 10:26 AM ICT  

Do the police still have your CBR500R, it's been over a month. I would be bummed if I could not ride my CBR.

By: Anonymous: Natheboiboss ()  Saturday, 23 May 2015 @ 12:53 PM ICT  

Hi, If u are located in Pattaya and you still have problems I would be able to help you out soon as my stock exhaust is currently resting on a shelf.
I would be able to lend the exhaust to you just to show it to the police, But i am not interested in selling it or letting you install it on your bike.

// Nathe.

7 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 132 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association