By: Anonymous: Johan ()  Tuesday, 19 August 2014 @ 08:02 AM ICT (Read 1108 times)  

We are interested in purchasing a Yamaha Tricity, but we wondering if a Thai motorcycle drivers license (type 6) is sufficient We asked the Yamaha shop and they said yes Thai motorcycle license (type 6) is “okay” to ride a Yamaha Tricity.

We start to worry if what the Yamaha shop says is correct after a senior police officer told my wife that to ride a “privately owned” three-wheel vehicle you need a Thai drivers license type 3, which I found after some searching is specific for three-wheel vehicles.

So who is right, the Yamaha shop or the police officer?

By: ThaiDesign (offline)  Wednesday, 20 August 2014 @ 11:43 AM ICT  

Hello Johan,

Your question is very interesting, if we look at the specifics of the Thai type 3 drivers license it seems that everybody riding or driving a 3-wheeler should have a TYPE 3 drivers license.

We asked some people at our local Department of Land Transport, and they never looked into this, but after we asked them and they produced some paperwork about the type 3 drivers license they started to be less confident... So for now you need to wait for the answer...

ThaiDesign

Group Comfort
Level:
: +30

2 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 135 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association