By: Lonetraveller (offline)  Wednesday, 27 November 2013 @ 04:28 PM ICT (Read 3764 times)  

I saw that the 8th Horizons Unlimited Traveller's Mini-Meeting has been announced for January 10 & 11, 2014. Motorbike adventurers, overlanders and bicycle travellers will convene at the Rider's Corner Inn and Restaurant for a Welcome evening January 10 and BBQ/Mini-Meeting January 11. Friday night during the Welcome evening there is free Heineken draft beer from 6:00-7:00 sponsored by the Rider's Corner and friends (if planning to swill and chill, walk or take a tuk tuk).

At the 2013 in event in January there were over 100 adventure seekers in attendance. Reservations are required. The Mini-Meeting is free, but register through Horizons Unlimited meeting registration. BBQ Saturday night before the multi-media presentations and evening activities is 200 THB and requires registration with the Rider's Corner.

The Rider's Corner has become the traveller's touch point for Southeast Asia for serious travellers and key people. It is the official outlet for the freshest printed maps and GPS SD cards, maps made by motorbikers for motorbikers with net proceeds going to charity. The Rider's Corner is also the official outlet for Golden Triangle motorbike souvenir T-shirts. See the Rider's Corner website for directions, products and location for the meeting.

For the Official Agenda and Schedule for the 8th Annual Horizons Unlimited Traveller's Meeting look under "Events." There are three shows scheduled for Saturday night: 1 'round the world couple and 2 solo travelers.

This has been a fun meeting in the past with travellers freely sharing road stories and information while tire kicking in the parking lot or enjoying a meal. When I receive a more detailed agenda I'll post like last year.

Lonetraveller

Group Comfort
Level:
: +2

By: Anonymous: David ()  Wednesday, 27 November 2013 @ 05:08 PM ICT  

It was an excellent show last time and the presentations were fascination, so I'll be there for this one.
Great food amongst like-minded company.

By: Anonymous: Tim ()  Wednesday, 27 November 2013 @ 05:25 PM ICT  

The last one was very good and more interesting than I expected since I just potter around Thailand - even gave me
ideas. Food was great too.

By: Anonymous: Red Ride ()  Sunday, 01 December 2013 @ 08:30 AM ICT  

Ditto

I'll be there !

By: BKKbarkingdog (offline)  Thursday, 05 December 2013 @ 09:41 AM ICT  

Riding up from Bangkok. See you at Rider's Corner.

BKKbarkingdog

Group Comfort
Level:
: 0

By: Lonetraveller (offline)  Sunday, 08 December 2013 @ 02:33 PM ICT  

Horizons Unlimited 2014 Mini-Meeting Schedule

Friday, January 10, 2014:

18:00 – 19:00: “Welcome Horizons Unlimited Travellers,” a sponsored reception by The Rider’s Corner and friends. Free Heineken draft beer for one hour! This evening is a “Meet and Greet” opportunity for serious local motorbike riders, cyclists, overlanders, key people and HU travellers to spend time together exchanging road tales and information. Meals can be ordered off the menu.

19:00: Introduction of all attendees, “Pass the microphone,” chill and swill until?

Saturday, January 11, 2014: OFFICIAL HORIZONS UNLIMITED MINI MEETING

14:00 – 14:30: Horizons Unlimited group photo at The Rider’s Corner. Professional photographer(s) to be shooting for Horizons Unlimited and magazines.

18:00 – 19:30: BBQ. The Rider’s Corner Restaurant has been acclaimed as “the best BBQ in Chiang Mai” and awarded the Tripadvisor 2013 Certificate of Excellence. Reservations for the BBQ are required. Call 0870481787, 0856188914 or email to The Rider’s Corner to make reservations. 200 THB per person. This is a special discounted price for attendees of the 2014 HU Mini Meeting.

19:30 – 19:45: Welcome and introduction of all attendees, “Pass the microphone” by the evening Master of Ceremonies.

19:45 – 20:30: Multimedia presentation by Anders and Petra Stridfeldt, “Two Bikers One World” on BMW F800GS’s around the globe.

20:30 – 21:15: Multimedia presentation by wandering adventurist Ian Gatenby, “Caught In A Sideways Loop In Hidden Asia,” or how an 8,000 kilometer planned adventure tour turned into a 40,000 kilometer lifestyle.

21:15 – 22:00: Multimedia presentation by global traveler/author Geoff Thomas, “Poor Circulation,” an entertaining look at extreme motorbike adventure riding.

22:00 - ???: Travellers’ Questions and Answers for adventure riding around Golden Triangle, SE Asia or ‘round the world.

Lonetraveller

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Lonetraveller (offline)  Saturday, 28 December 2013 @ 07:56 AM ICT  

Received this update:

PRESS RELEASE for Horizons Unlimited Traveller’s Meeting

The 8th Horizons Unlimited Thailand Traveller's Meeting has been announced for January 10 & 11, 2014. Motorbike adventurers, overlanders and bicycle travellers will again convene at the Rider's Corner Inn and Restaurant in Chiang Mai, Thailand for a Welcome reception January 10 and BBQ/Mini-Meeting January 11.

Currently travellers and adventure travel dreamers from the following countries have indicated attendance: Iceland, Germany, Australia, France, Sweden, America, Switzerland, Great Britain, Brazil, Thailand, Cambodia, Denmark, Canada, Spain and Austria.

At the 2013 event there were over 100 adventure seekers in attendance. The meeting is free, but register through Horizons Unlimited “Events” registration form to confirm attendance and receive meeting updates. The BBQ Saturday night before the multi-media presentations and evening activities is 200 THB and requires reservations with the Rider's Corner.

The Official Agenda and full Meeting Schedule for the 8th Annual Horizons Unlimited Traveller's Mini-Meeting are under "Events” at Horizons Unlimited website.

For a look at the 7th traveller’s meeting, a report was here: bit.ly/109lbvQ

Click on image to open

Lonetraveller

Group Comfort
Level:

7 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 135 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association