21 posts :: Page 1 of 2
By: Anonymous: Piggen ()  Friday, 09 November 2007 @ 11:49 PM ICT (Read 56311 times)  

I am living in Pattaya and have been thinking to by a big motorcycle fore a long time, and have been looking at the local dealers and also some dealers in Bangkok to find a bike that I want, but to be honest I have to say that much of the scrap that have been presented to me, don't give me much confidence in these dealers her in Thailand, and I also have heard to many storeys about bikes with fake books/registrations papers and so on.

So I wanted to now of anybody have any serious dealers that they could recommend fore me?

Drive safe!

Smile

By: news (offline)  Saturday, 10 November 2007 @ 08:36 PM ICT  

Buying a big motorcycle now-a-days is much less difficult then it was a few years ago, currently some of the manufacturers started to work on a dealer network for selling big bikes.

Ducati, okay not the cheapest, but then you not give an indication price, has a official sales point Taichung (042-2910620), or you can call there Bangkok office (02-3818811). BMW also sales bike in Thailand and any official BMW car dealer can, I belief, also sale motorcycles.

Then you have Kawasaki and Yamaha who official sell motorcycles with larger engine displacements in Thailand. Kawasaki has a Special Big Bike Show room on Rama 9 Rd in Bangkok and I belief that Yamaha has some dealers around the country appointed as dealer to sale the Star cruiser motorcycles.

Less official, but still highly reliable are shops with a good reputation, which for example I say Redbaron, who I belief sales new Suzuki's and a lot secondhand bigger bikes. Before I get into the buying and looking at a bike I first want to see the green book, if I see any irregularities I just say thanks but no thanks. I see to many people losing there nicely looked after motorcycle because the green motorcycle book was fake, illegally altered or tempered with.

Another buying tip is, think a few time why you want to buy a bigger motorcycle, a chopper, larger cruiser or liter racer looks maybe great, it is not that much fun to drive in downtown traffic.

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Anonymous: Piggen ()  Sunday, 11 November 2007 @ 08:19 AM ICT  

Thank you fore the info, i have been to Red Baron but i dont think they had a lot to chose from as i am looking fore a big cruiser < 1000cc

Does anyone have any exsperiense with Teera Motorcyckle in Bangkok???

www.tpmotorcycle.com

And if anybody have names of other serius dealers in Bangkok please post them here

Drive safe!

Big Grin

By: Anonymous: MvW ()  Thursday, 15 November 2007 @ 07:34 PM ICT  

the Only real good Thai Big motorbike shop in thailand = RedBaron in Bangkok

www.redbaronbkk.com/

By: Anonymous: MvW ()  Thursday, 15 November 2007 @ 07:44 PM ICT  

But if you do not disire one of their bikes I would go to the RCA in bangkok (Royal City Avenue) near Petchburi
There are several bike shops next to eachother with really big bike's like 1300 cc and so

By: Anonymous: Paul ()  Saturday, 24 November 2007 @ 04:09 PM ICT  

Hey.

I brought 2 bikes with Teera shop and I won't recomment to buy bike from them (bad service & no green book).
I've been to Extreme Bikes in RCA a few times and they have pretty nice bikes there, good service and bikes are all registered. FYI.

Paul.

By: Anonymous: Piggen ()  Sunday, 25 November 2007 @ 11:57 AM ICT  

Well thanks fore the interest and the worlds from the god people with experience of buying a used big motorcycle in Thailand.

I have now finally bought myself a bike, and will tell you what I have experienced so far, I ended up buying it from Red Baron, mostly because of I have been hearing a lot of good about them from so many different people

But first I went to Teera Motorcycle and I would not recommend them, the price I was told fore 2 of the bikes they had that I was interested in, was way to high, and of cause it did not come with green book, but he told me in his stuttering English that he had a friend that was a policeman that had been giving him these red licence plates and I could be riding the bike on those as long as I wanted, and if I ever wanted to get it registered he could help me with that to and it would cost about 85000,- THB, well I did not have much confidence in this shop after what he just had told me, so I went to Red Baron to by a bike I had been looking at there before.

So I ended up buying my bike at Red Baron a shop that seems to be very serious, they have written prices on all of the bikes they have fore sale, and the price includes registration, green book and most of them have full warranty fore 3 months or more depending on the age of the bike, and they will also deliver the bike at your home address if you want, something I did since I live in Pattaya.

So far so god, the bike got delivered late the next day with the green book, but I also wanted some extra parts added to the bike like a light bar with passing lights and engine guards, so we had made agreement that they would come pick it up as soon as these parts was ready, and during the time the bike was not running properly it backfires all the time and sometimes just seem to be running in one cylinder, so 2 days later they come to pick it up again fore a free service and to add the parts I wanted, witch by the way was going to be hand made here in Thailand because they would be much cheaper and still have good quality I was told.

When they delivered the bike back I was not happy at all the engine was running smooth fore about 2-3 kilometres then it was back to the same again no real power and a lot of backfiring, and the parts they have added was not god work at all I mean they looked all right and everything, but they had mounted (made) the engine guards so that they was sticking down almost 5 centimetres under the frame, making the bike really dangerous to ride, its just a matter of time before they will touch the ground causing an accident, and the passing light was in an angel to look fore birds, and could not be adjusted any more down.

Red Baron is not the one making these parts and I am not even sure they even mounted them on the bike, but I find it disturbing that they did give it back to me like that, I am going to call them tomorrow and se what happens, so I will post more info about this when I now more.

Drive safe

By: Anonymous: Piggen ()  Thursday, 06 December 2007 @ 10:59 AM ICT  

Well I just wanted to give the last update of what happened, I called Red Baron because the bike was not running properly and the same afternoon I called, they come and pick up the bike, and I get it back 3 days later and now it have been running perfect fore the last week, and it did not cost me anything because of the 3 months guaranty on the bike, so I have to say I am really satisfied with the service and help I have been getting, and I have no problem recommending them to others.

When it comes to making parts fore your bike here in Thailand I recommend you do it at a local shop where you can follow up on what they are doing, and make sure you bring pictures and sketches of what you want them to make, you have to be very specific and detailed to get exactly what you want.

Drive safe Big Grin

By: Anonymous: Johan ()  Tuesday, 11 December 2007 @ 11:09 PM ICT  

Hi.

Do anyone know where I can buy a brand new motocross in thailand? Like Suzuki RM250 & Honda CR250?

Ride On

By: Anonymous: Wim ()  Wednesday, 12 December 2007 @ 11:05 AM ICT  

I know that Kawasaki sells the Kawasaki KLX300R at the specialized shop in Bangkok. And Aseanmoto sells the Kawasaki KLX110. And for the real stuff you can always buy a KTM (www.ktm.co.th)

By: Anonymous: CHRIS ()  Friday, 14 December 2007 @ 01:28 AM ICT  

[hi

i live in pattaya and i have 2 motos for sell
cr 125 cc 2001 68 000 b
yz 250 cc 2001 85 000 b

if you interesting
contactes me sukanya999@hotmail.com

By: SportTouringBKK (offline)  Sunday, 23 December 2007 @ 12:18 AM ICT  

Hi All,

I'm also looking to buy a large motorcycle for touring the Kingdom and I've heard mostly good things about Red Baron, and mixed reviews on Teera.

How about Siam Superbike? Is that a trustworthy operation?

How can you tell the Green Book is legitimate? Need a Thai lawyer to look it over or what?

I really want to get out and ride, but don't want to get burned or hassled.

I'll probably go with Red Baron but I'd like to know if there are any other good shops I should check.

Thank you and Happy Holidays!

Marc in BKK

The Large Print Giveth, and the Small Print Taketh Away

SportTouringBKK

Group Comfort
Level:
: 0

By: Anonymous: Barry ()  Wednesday, 09 January 2008 @ 07:17 PM ICT  

Thought I would add my comments to this as I am the owner of the bike allegedly taken up north on holiday by Scott of siam Racing Superbikes - Pattaya. I had the bike in the shop on a sale or return agreement at the time. The actual facts are that Scott actually took the bike up north as a timewasting potential customer had agreed to buy it following telephone negotiations for a cash sale. He asked Scott to deliver it to his place up north where the transaction would take place. However, upon arrival, this person wanted to pay 50% cash deposit and the balance in post-dated checks and expected Scott to leave the bike with him on this basis, which was obviously less than satisfactory and not what had been agreed between them previously. As a result Scott was obliged to take the bike back to Pattaya after a wasted journey. Hardly a holiday under the cirumstances!
I would also add that I previously left a BMW R1100RT with Scott on a similar basis which was subsequently sold. The whole transaction was handled in a professional manner by Scott and I was very happy with the service provided.

By: Anonymous: Long time resident ()  Monday, 14 January 2008 @ 10:19 PM ICT  

It's easy to attack on these forums... These are all opinions. Make your own decision and live with the results. It's not a straightforward process and we are in Asia.

Buying in thailand is not straight forward. Until recently there were not big bikes officially here.
Nearly all are grey imports and have their own histories. Many times the book issue is with the original importer/buyer or somewhere down the chain.
It takes FOREVER.... even if you import properly and pay taxes. Sometimes the issue is even with the buyer (inappropriate visa etc).

I have been here 14 years and bought and sold bikes, through many different shops. There are issues with most shops, but its the way they are resolved that seperates them.

Siam motorcycles has always taken care of every issue. Some take time, some take more cash (for dealing with old issues). All have been resolved in a satisfactory manner.

By: news (offline)  Tuesday, 15 January 2008 @ 08:26 AM ICT  

Personal I agree with Long-time-resident, I belief that I can tell a negative story of all Thai motorcycle dealers. And it not even has to be limited to big bikes only.

Like many things, foreigners like to compare things in happening in Thailand to how it would happen in there home country, but lets face it, this is Thailand, and nothing basically go's as it would happens at your home country.

Lucky not all is negative, some things in Thailand are more smooth, some things less smooth and some just unbelievable weird.

In Thailand, other then the brochure said, is everybody trying to 'cheat' another in doing business, the faster you accept this the better you will feel. And the better you get service....

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

21 posts :: Page 1 of 2
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 171 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association