By: davidstipek (offline)  Friday, 09 August 2013 @ 05:48 PM ICT (Read 2135 times)  

Is Sea Foam available here? As it is great to clean not only Fuel Systems on Cars... But Motorcycles too! Works well on 4T as well as 2T systems. It loosens up Carboned Expansion Chambers and cleans cans and restrictors quickly and effiecently.

If it is where can it be purchased? (Its also fantastic for cleaning / soaking Carb Parts and doing it safely)

If not available... Anyone returning Temp to USA, buy a couple cans (don't open) don't worry they are sealed and put in ziplock bags then in your check luggage. I will reemburse you for them here. I believe they are about $4-5 USD per can.
David (PM me and I will confirm with you)

David

davidstipek

Group Comfort
Level:
: +2

By: news (offline)  Friday, 09 August 2013 @ 06:11 PM ICT  

I always learned to use chemicals wisely, and I recommend that everybody uses sea foam with that in mind. It's of course no secret that sea foam actual works. But there is always the 'BUT', the thing is that sea foam contains as you maybe no surprised a lot of salt, and salt is very corroding to an engine that is not properly shielded for corrosion.

Most small sized motorcycle engines in Thailand have already problems with more than 20 percent Ethanol, which means that the aluminum alloy they used to make the engine is not of the highest standard. Basically a simple rule is if 20% Ethanol can affect the alloy of an engine, sea foam also will cause corrosion to the engine.

If you have an old iron cast engine on an old BSA 4-stroke classic you can use sea foam without any problems for sure... but not forget to add a few drops of two-stroke oil to the petrol after you used sea foam.... this will prevent the engine from rust.

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: davidstipek (offline)  Friday, 09 August 2013 @ 06:13 PM ICT  

Quote by: davidstipek

Is Sea Foam available here? As it is great to clean not only Fuel Systems on Cars... But Motorcycles too! Works well on 4T as well as 2T systems. It loosens up Carboned Expansion Chambers and cleans cans and restrictors quickly and effiecently.

If it is where can it be purchased? (Its also fantastic for cleaning / soaking Carb Parts and doing it safely)

If not available... Anyone returning Temp to USA, buy a couple cans (don't open) don't worry they are sealed and put in ziplock bags then in your check luggage. I will reemburse you for them here. I believe they are about $4-5 USD per can.
David (PM me and I will confirm with you)

I had used a product (predicessor to Sea Foam in racing in 1969. I was racing a Mercury Stacker 2T inline 6cyl Outboard. Engine had 3 Megafone install where exhaust plate was on stock 125's and135 hp O.B.'s. The Engine was having trouble idling so we filled filter canister with this product. Left the ramp and everyone on factory Team was hoping by the time the 1 Minute Gun went off it would have cleared the engine. I was Last in the Back Field @ 30 seconds and started my run at the clock (Starting Line) About 6 meters from Starting line engine started to develope a cloud of white smoke, I streaked across Starting line and down into the first turn with this huge cloud trailing me... Now I was in 3rd Position. (6 TunnelBoats in field) on Backstretch Engine coughed and I went to last place... All of a sudden she caught and Boat torqued up on right sponson and I accelerated past everyone. By the time we got to 3rd turn I was leading. This was a 3 Lap Heat Race. Which I won by 15 meters.

@ the start of the Day I was Leading OZ class in points by 25 at the end of the day I walked away with the Trophy and and leading Class Race for World Championship.

Stuff works!
David

David

davidstipek

Group Comfort
Level:
: +2

By: news (offline)  Friday, 09 August 2013 @ 06:57 PM ICT  

I know the stuff works, the problem is will a modern engine, build on a tight budget, will be okay with it. As I said most small sized engines in Thailand have problems with 20% Ethanol because it will cause serious corrosion to the aluminum parts of the engine. Put parts from the same engine into a bucket of sea water and remove it and place it on a dry spot and keep the heat constant around 35 degree and look after a week or two.... The white spots on your part are thinner by almost a halve a millimeter....

Of course, very modern engines like the latest Honda Wave 125i or other scooters or motorcycles who're E20 ready are completely safe...

But I would not trust it on an old two-stroke engine, do the test first... And cleaning a two-stroke engine is not that difficult....you just need a set of gaskets and you can do it within 30 minutes including burning the exhaust pipe....

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Anonymous: Anonymous ()  Friday, 09 August 2013 @ 09:31 PM ICT  

It's a pity that the quality of Diesel isn't like it was long ago...

5 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 135 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association