By: davidstipek (offline)  Friday, 09 August 2013 @ 05:24 PM ICT (Read 3051 times)  

I know there are those who hate 2T engines, and there are those who share this Love (in a ClosetRazz) and then there are the true Believers... "Die Hards!"

Enjoy!

Click on image to openClick on image to openClick on image to open

David

davidstipek

Group Comfort
Level:
: +2

By: Richard (offline)  Friday, 09 August 2013 @ 05:57 PM ICT  

Yes the good old days of two-strokes, when I was a teenager I had a Zundapp KS80, 80cc two-stroke, and wow what was that thing a marvel of a motorcycle. It was fast, even to modern standards, it handled like feather and was very easy to do maintenance... and it didn't took a rocker scientist to figure out how to make it even faster...

Just with some simple tools you could increase the size of the intake and exhale port and damn hold tight we're on a rocket to the edge of the known universe... Of course that it was very dangerous, but who cares about danger when you're a teenager...

Click on image to open

Richard

Group Comfort
Level:
: +10

By: davidstipek (offline)  Friday, 09 August 2013 @ 06:50 PM ICT  

Quote by: Richard

Yes the good old days of two-strokes, when I was a teenager I had a Zundapp KS80, 80cc two-stroke, and wow what was that thing a marvel of a motorcycle. It was fast, even to modern standards, it handled like feather and was very easy to do maintenance... and it didn't took a rocker scientist to figure out how to make it even faster...

Just with some simple tools you could increase the size of the intake and exhale port and damn hold tight we're on a rocket to the edge of the known universe... Of course that it was very dangerous, but who cares about danger when you're a teenager...

Actually 2T Engines being dumped because of Emmissions was quite a joke on the Manufacturers. Just the simple task of doing some tinkering with exhaust, Tubing and Expansion Chambers (they were nowhere even close to what they should have been!) Cans & restrictors. End results would have been clear then our modern 4T Engines. I have done it, I believe because I had the time and HEART to do. I have an Exotic Mello Sound that emmits when cruising 15 - 25 Kph. It catches those who know's ear and they turn and Smile! Even @ WOT on Super (which I have not done but come close in 4th Gear.

Sounds good! Bike is stable quick, very forgiving ( I think Engine is thankful of 2nd chance at life) Ride On Now in a more entertaining frame. I have come to believe or at least be comfortable with th thought.... Everything is alive, how we treat it or take care of it is how it responds to us... Think about it.... Don't have to believe! Just think...

There is Harmony "Between the sweet light smell of 2T oil in the air" and the Soul on a Cruise through the Coutryside. Fits close to nature.. Look the Birds "Watching you"... Enjoying the mello sound and the Heart you put back into Nature, by caring about it!

David

davidstipek

Group Comfort
Level:
: +2

By: news (offline)  Friday, 09 August 2013 @ 07:06 PM ICT  

The truth is that Honda scientists have shown that the only way to run a 100% Alcohol based engine, without sacrificing performance, is going back to the two-stroke principal.

Of course this fact was not received by a welcoming government audience around the world. But the classic two-stroke as we know it was the perfect performance engine. And with modern technology, a two-stroke engine can be as fuel efficient as any four-stroke without losing any significant performance. Making a theoretical future two-stroke engine 4 times more powerful while using the same fuel as a current four-stroke according to researchers....

I have the idea we not seen the last of the two-stroke engine.... Will be continued....

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

4 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 134 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association