By: Anonymous: jee ()  Tuesday, 23 April 2013 @ 10:03 AM ICT (Read 2217 times)  

Hello,

I have a Kawasaki KLX110 and weigh about 75 kilo . I was wondering what would be the best way to stiffen up my motorcycle's front and rear suspension for trail riding. When I'm riding on the street, the suspension does not bottom out, but when I'm riding over larger roots and very small jumps off-road, it does. What parts do I need to make such a project happen.

Jee

By: ThaiDesign (offline)  Tuesday, 23 April 2013 @ 01:16 PM ICT  

Your question actually raises several other questions. Is your Kawasaki the standard KLX110 or the longer-travel KLX110L? How aggressively do you intend to ride? And how much money are you willing to spend?

ThaiDesign

Group Comfort
Level:
: +30

By: Anonymous: Jee ()  Wednesday, 24 April 2013 @ 07:49 AM ICT  

I have a Kawasaki KLX110 not the L

By: ThaiDesign (offline)  Thursday, 25 April 2013 @ 12:24 PM ICT  

Quote by: Jee

I have a Kawasaki KLX110 not the L

There are quite a few suspension components available from mild upgrades to full-on competition-quality replacements. You can spend as little as, say, a couple thousand Baht just on front and rear springs or much more for a race-quality fork, shock and swingarm.

I have no experience with the Kawasaki KLX110 suspension modifications, and, at 75kg, you're bigger than most of the people who ride those little motorcycles; that makes it difficult for me to offer you any specific chassis tuning advice. Instead, I suggest that you consult with one of the companies that deal in suspension components for those Kawasaki motorcycles. I believe I remembered that YSS Thailand also has suspension modifications for the Kawasaki KLX110.

ThaiDesign

Group Comfort
Level:
: +30

4 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 135 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association