By: Kondiao (offline)  Monday, 14 January 2013 @ 10:00 PM ICT (Read 4194 times)  

I have been thinking about buying a Honda 150 - the scooter, not the CBR. I have found little info in the forums about the specs and performance of this vehicle. I have the impression that it is barely adequate for occasional trips to cities in the North while still small enough to be maneuverable in Chiang Mai traffic.
Also, I am thinking that I would buy it in a Thai friend's name. This would make it easier for insurance and registration.
Any thoughts about this?
Thanks

Kondiao

Group Comfort
Level:
: 0

By: news (offline)  Tuesday, 15 January 2013 @ 05:42 AM ICT  

The Honda scooter you're thinking about is the Honda PCX150, which is a very popular scooter.

To learn more about the Honda PCX150 scooter you can read our review of the Honda PCX150

We also attached the English version of the official Honda PCX150 brochure. The only difference between the Honda PCX150i in the English brochure and the models sold in Thailand is the available colors.

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: SutusB25 (offline)  Saturday, 19 January 2013 @ 03:18 PM ICT  

I purchased ,about 3 months ago,a pre -owned PCX 125 specifically for touring. My prior bike ,for this same purpose,was a Honda Phantom.

Having now completed 2 tours - each about 2000 Km -I can report that I am highly satisfied with the bike.
Comfortable and economical (approx. 1 km costs 1 baht in fuel ).I installed a small top box. This plus the under seat storage proved to be adequate. Mostly I drive alone.
A cruising speed of 90KPH is about right for me and the bike. Road quality is the limiting factor with respect to speed .Small wheels feel the bumps

Amazing performance for a125 Bike. A 150 will produce higher performance. That said 125 is perfectly o.k.

Alan Light

SutusB25

Group Comfort
Level:
: +2

By: news (offline)  Monday, 21 January 2013 @ 07:45 AM ICT  

Have ridden the Honda PCX 125 and the new Honda PCX150 and both are very well designed scooters, the PCX150 is clearly an upgrade from the original design. With the more powerful engine the scoot gets quicker to its top speed, feels more confident in traffic due to the extra power it has.

The 150cc Honda PCX is not “much” faster than the 125cc, actually most people say that the top speed of the PCX150 is about the same as the 125cc – you only get there faster.

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

4 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 134 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association