18 posts :: Page 1 of 2
By: Lonetraveller (offline)  Monday, 10 December 2012 @ 07:00 PM ICT (Read 9652 times)  

The 7th annual Southeast Asia gathering of global motorcycle adventure seekers is slated for January 11-12, 2013 in Chiang Mai, Thailand. The travellers and travel dreamers will meet at the Rider’s Corner Bar and Restaurant both evenings at 18:00 to mingle and trade information on everything from the latest and best maps, motorbikes, routes and border crossing regulations and Customs.

On Friday there will be a “Welcome Motorcycle Travellers” reception sponsored by The Heaven and Earth Golden Triangle Riders’ Band from 18:00 – 19:00. Attendees from as far away as Canada, Germany, Singapore, Australia and the Republic of South Africa have registered.

Saturday evening is scheduled to include multimedia presentations by travellers from Great Britain, Canada and Australia after a BBQ (200 THB, reservations required for the BBQ). The shows will feature topics such as ongoing motorbike journeys around the world, through China and one adventure that seems to have no end. More information can be found at the global motorcycle adventure travel website for Horizons Unlimited.

Horizons Unlimited is the home for serious motorbike travellers interested in adventure journeys to, from and around Southeast Asia. Meeting attendance is open to the public and there is no admittance charge. To see the fun that was had during the 2012 Meeting there is a report with photographs at "Previous Meetings," Thailand, at Horizons Unlimited

----------------------------------------------
Also see Motorcycle Travelers To Meet

Lonetraveller

Group Comfort
Level:
: +2

By: Anonymous: David ()  Tuesday, 11 December 2012 @ 01:49 PM ICT  

That Riders Corner venue sure is attracting a great deal of interest from local and, especially, overseas riders.
It has become quite a focal point for meeting and chatting about journeys to and from all parts of the globe.
I've been there and the food and ambience is terrific.
Good to know there's a pleasant riders' venue in Chiang Mai.

By: Anonymous: Purple Hair ()  Wednesday, 12 December 2012 @ 12:55 PM ICT  

I think you'll find he's one of the most helpful guys in Chiang Mai?

By: Maintenance (offline)  Wednesday, 12 December 2012 @ 04:55 PM ICT  

We removed all posts that had nothing to do with the 7th annual Southeast Asia gathering of global motorcycle adventure seekers at the Rider’s Corner Bar and Restaurant.

Please read our Forum rules: Motorcycle Thailand Forum Rules

Maintenance

Group Comfort
Level:
: +3

By: Anonymous: David ()  Wednesday, 12 December 2012 @ 05:16 PM ICT  

AND PLEASE BE MORE DILIGENT AND PROFESSIONAL WITH YOUR MODERATION.

By: Flying Squirrel (offline)  Saturday, 15 December 2012 @ 07:58 AM ICT  

Quote by: Purple Hair

I think you'll find he's one of the most helpful guys in Chiang Mai?

Obviously some people disagree. Laughing Out Loud

Flying Squirrel

Group Comfort
Level:
: +6

By: Anonymous: David ()  Saturday, 15 December 2012 @ 06:20 PM ICT  

Off Topic
Please stay on topic. For general conversation about other stuff use another forum.

Be Nice!
We pride ourselves in being a tight-knit community that polices itself well, and we want to keep it that way.

Attacks/Name Calling
No attacking or name calling. This includes talking about groups of people, not just individuals.

Obviously, these rules don't apply to 'Flying Squirrel'.

By: Flying Squirrel (offline)  Sunday, 16 December 2012 @ 10:43 AM ICT  

Quote by: David

Off Topic
[Obviously, these rules don't apply to 'Flying Squirrel'.

Of course the rules apply. In case you hadn't noticed humour is the lubricant of life. If you look carefully it say "No attacking, no name calling". I was simply expressing the possible sentiment of previous posts which were deleted by moderators.

Who is we and who is this tight knit community to whom you refer? I notice that your concern for community doesn't extend to either logging in or completing your profile, as you are still listed as Anonymous.

If you notice whoever Lone Traveler is it is his first post so the whole thread is less a news post and more a blatant attempt to promote a certain bar and restaurant in Chiang Mai.

The 7th Annual gathering could have been sent to Admin for inclusion as a News story without all the 200 B Barbecue nonsense which has very little to do with motorcycles.

Flying Squirrel

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Anonymous: David ()  Sunday, 16 December 2012 @ 11:04 AM ICT  

The event has everything to do with motorcycle touring!

You have continued to personalise an attack against an individual, therefore you have not followed the spirit of the rules as set out by this website. It is those rules which I copied above.

You have an agenda which is blatantly obvious.

Now, on to more important things.

By: Flying Squirrel (offline)  Sunday, 16 December 2012 @ 12:05 PM ICT  

Quote by: David

The event has everything to do with motorcycle touring!

You have continued to personalise an attack against an individual, therefore you have not followed the spirit of the rules as set out by this website. It is those rules which I copied above.

You have an agenda which is blatantly obvious.

Now, on to more important things.

I didn't continue anything you did. I just made one humorous quip which 98.8% of the community here simply ignored. I don't see how that can be construed as anything other.

If anyone is continuing anything it is you. I didn't see any personal attack against anyone. Did you?

As for more important things to do. (cheap high school debating society ploy to imply the other persons opinion is worthless). If there are more important things to do, I would think it would be chill out and enjoy this wonderfully motorcycle friendly country we live in.

Flying Squirrel

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Anonymous: David ()  Sunday, 16 December 2012 @ 12:28 PM ICT  

Boring.

Meanwhile the story remains top of the list!

By: Flying Squirrel (offline)  Sunday, 16 December 2012 @ 12:33 PM ICT  

Pot calling the kettle black?

See i even agree.

Flying Squirrel

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Anonymous: Jomtien mike ()  Monday, 17 December 2012 @ 10:30 AM ICT  

I attended the last years Horizons Unlimited meeting and it was very interesting and made some new friends with similar interests. I know little about the owner of the establishment, food was good and beer was cold what more do you need from a pub & restaurant owner?

By: Anonymous: Tom ()  Monday, 17 December 2012 @ 05:46 PM ICT  

Likewise Mike.
Enjoyed it last time and will be riding up to Chiang Mai again for this one.
Met a guy there who is based in UK who even offered his Africa Twin (he has 5!) for when I ride UK next year.

By: Anonymous: David ()  Saturday, 22 December 2012 @ 11:38 AM ICT  

I was recently speaking with Greg Frazier of 'Horizons Unlimited' who compiled the incredible story of Carl Clancy's 1912-1913 ride around the world on his Henderson motor-bike ("Motorcycle Adventurer"Wink.

The centenary of Clancy's ride is being celebrated soon and Frazier was excited by the fact that, not only is a restored Henderson being used for the centenary ride, but Clancy's actual riding boots have recently been found and will also accompany the Henderson!

18 posts :: Page 1 of 2
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 132 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association