By: jbanker (offline)  Saturday, 07 March 2009 @ 07:28 PM ICT (Read 5199 times)  

I noticed that Honda upgraded their smaller scooters with direct fuel injection. Any chance they will upgrade the Phantom as well?

Where can I find the official Honda website of the Phantom? I seem to find their scooters only for Thailand.

Thanks for any help
banker

jbanker

Group Comfort
Level:
: 0

By: news (offline)  Sunday, 08 March 2009 @ 07:01 AM ICT  

Hi Banker,

You can find the Honda Phantom info at www.aphonda.co.th/product/phantom2007/sales_point.asp

Sorry everything is in Thai language, currently all we know about the the future of Honda motorcycles in Thailand is what the CEO said, "before the end of 2009 Honda Thailand will only sell PGM-FI motorcycles".

We have no idea if this means that the Honda Phantom gets a update or moves out of production. Before Honda had of course the edge over other manufacturers, it was the only 200cc, but now that the Thai government changed the engine displacement rule to 250cc, it is expected that more competition is coming.

For example Tiger Motorcycles offer a Tiger Boxer 250 RS, which is a much more powerful motorcycle then the Honda Phantom, and it is a sweetness in cornering. The Honda Phantom can sometimes be a bit dangerous with higher speeds in corners.

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: jbanker (offline)  Monday, 09 March 2009 @ 09:39 AM ICT  

Big Grin

Thank you very much for the information. This is very helpful. I wanted to buy a used one. But now I will wait to see if they introduce a new one with 250ccm and DFI.

best regards,
banker

jbanker

Group Comfort
Level:
: 0

By: Anonymous: Ao ()  Tuesday, 10 March 2009 @ 06:53 AM ICT  

Hey Guys,

Honda uses programmable or as they call it PGM-Fi, which still uses a throttle body, so it is not Direct Fuel injection. Direct Fuel injection is something we see in diesel engines where the fuel is injected directly into the combustion chamber.

4 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 134 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association