By: news (offline)  Friday, 30 November 2012 @ 06:27 PM ICT (Read 9843 times)  

Improve the performance of a Honda Click 125i with the use of a J.Costa Variator (PCX125 model),

The Honda Click 125i uses the same engine as the Honda PCX125 and therefore you can also use the J.Costa PCX125 Variator.

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Anonymous: bkd ()  Monday, 03 December 2012 @ 01:54 PM ICT  

How much performance increase can somebody expect from buying that J.Costa thing?

By: news (offline)  Tuesday, 04 December 2012 @ 07:36 AM ICT  

Quote by: bkd

How much performance increase can somebody expect from buying that J.Costa thing?

According to the manufacturer upgrading to a J.Costa Variator means up to 8% improvement in available horsepower (19% if combined with JCosta exhaust), 29% improvement in usable torque (31% with exhaust), Top speed of 116km/h (wheel speed not indicated), and this is all is with a heavier Honda PCX 125. So installing the J.Costa Variator on a Honda Click 125i can only result in even better performance.

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Flying Squirrel (offline)  Tuesday, 04 December 2012 @ 09:54 AM ICT  

Those numbers while true do not give much indication of performance increase. Maybe an easier way would be to quote a Chiang Mai PCX125 rider who said it accelerates the same with his girlfriend on the back as it did stock when he was ridding solo. Also it gave him more confidence to pass on single lane roads and gave better performance on hills.

As the engine is allowed to produce its maximum potential, fuel mileage will suffer if you use the extra performance. Technically one can achieve better fuel economy but in practice it has been proven that this does not happen, as the extra performance rarely never gets used!

Flying Squirrel

Group Comfort
Level:
: +6

4 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 135 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association