By: Anonymous: Maarten ()  Monday, 26 November 2007 @ 01:05 PM ICT (Read 4607 times)  

Dear site members, Yesterday i crashed with a bike and now de framework is bended. (it's a Suzuki automatic) They want 60.000 bath ftom me to buy a new one and the buy the ols bike from me for 10.000 bath. I realy don't know what to do. I have a visa just from the boarder and how do i do this with buying the new bike. Olso recommedation to repair or to sell the old bike. how and where do i go for the reregistration>? HELP ME PLEASE, Maarten form the netherlands

By: Anonymous: Dada ()  Monday, 26 November 2007 @ 02:00 PM ICT  

Did you rent the bike, what was it for bike?

The problem is if you rented the bike and you did not asked for insurance or insurance doesn't pay for reasons like no valid driver license, you are personal responsible for damage to the motorcycle you rented.

On the other side, I have the feeling that the rental company is trying to pull your leg, as most Thai Suzuki motorcycles cost less then 40,000 Baht, with only a few that are around 43,000 Baht and only the Suzuki Raider 150Ri costing 54,600 Baht.

Maybe you can give us a bit more detail about the accident and the company that wants you to buy a new bike.

By: Anonymous: maarten ()  Tuesday, 27 November 2007 @ 02:11 PM ICT  

tnx for fast reply,

it is a suzuki step 125 cc. and yes now they say 43.000 bath but then they have 2 bikes... they say the frame is bended and you cant buy a new frame in thailand, is that correct... the old bike is olso on payment and i saw papers that the still have 2 pay 20.000 for the old bike to clear that. today it is on a kind of settelment. that i pay them 35.000 and then it is finiched.

what do you think,

maarten

By: Anonymous: Dada ()  Tuesday, 27 November 2007 @ 06:18 PM ICT  

He Maarten,

You crashed 2 bikes? And yes they have a point, buying a new frame is extremely difficult as the bike is registered with frame number. But a bended frame can be lined again, which doesn't cost that much.

Maybe you can give some more detail about the shop, so we can call them or give me your details (Thai telephone number) send it to mail@motorcycle.in.th

By: lilli (offline)  Friday, 30 November 2007 @ 03:48 PM ICT  

When you rent a bike in Thailand, check everything, and check with your hotel/resort/etc if the bike-rental-shop is reliable. Lots of cheating and lying.

Also do not forget, you need a valid 'international' driver license to drive a motorcycle in Thailand, otherwise insurance not pay.

lilli

Group Comfort
Level:
: 0

5 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 134 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association