By: Anonymous: gaur73 ()  Tuesday, 03 July 2012 @ 11:20 AM ICT (Read 8693 times)  

Hello does anyone know if its possible to put a Honda Sonic 125cc engine inside of a Honda Wave i. I know its possible for me to bore out or add a kit to change it from 125cc to 200/250cc. But it would still be a semi-automatic (boring). The Sonic engines can also be bored out and because it is a clutch driven motor it would feel a lot better on the Wave. Suggestions?

By: ThaiDesign (offline)  Tuesday, 03 July 2012 @ 12:09 PM ICT  

The Honda Wave uses a cylinder which is horizontal mounted on the engine, whereas the Honda Sonic 125 uses an engine which has its cylinder much more vertical positioned on the engine. Basically, you will not have no space to mount a Sonic 125 engine in a Honda Wave frame...

See pictures for more details:

Click on image to openClick on image to open

ThaiDesign

Group Comfort
Level:
: +30

By: Richard (offline)  Tuesday, 03 July 2012 @ 12:19 PM ICT  

Best to sell your Honda Wave and buy yourself a good secondhand Honda Sonic, swapping engines is probably not the best thing to do in Thailand. If your engine number doesn't match with the greenbook you're in for lots of visits to the police station to get your motorcycle back...

Richard

Group Comfort
Level:
: +10

By: Anonymous: gaur73 ()  Tuesday, 03 July 2012 @ 08:48 PM ICT  

Thanks for the info. I think I'll just save up and get a bigger bike. Just wanted to know if it was possible.

4 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 134 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association