By: Anonymous: Wichai ()  Thursday, 17 May 2012 @ 01:09 PM ICT (Read 3301 times)  

I am presently using a Yamaha Spark 135i, which is good at everything. However, I want better power. I shall be happy to receive answers to the following questions:

1) Is it possible to get the power of a Honda CBR150R from my Spark 135i?
2) What should I do to increase the power?
3) Which filter is better: the OEM or K&N?

By: ThaiDesign (offline)  Thursday, 17 May 2012 @ 01:56 PM ICT  

Your motorcycle is a 135cc, while the CBR150R is a 150cc, the extra 15cc will be an advantage for the Honda that is not easily bridged.

The best way to improve your Yamaha's performance is to change the exhaust system. So far as filters are concerned, K&N is the best, though the stock Yamaha is also a good product.

ThaiDesign

Group Comfort
Level:
: +30

By: Anonymous: Longtooth ()  Sunday, 29 June 2014 @ 12:53 PM ICT  

The R15 is now available in Thailand. Stroke is the same as the 135i. It's only bored. Cyl, piston and rings, head, valves, exhaust, cpu, maybe cam and injector, re-map... You can make it a four speed R15! (R15 6 speed rice rocket is about 85,000 baht new.)

By: Flying Squirrel (offline)  Sunday, 29 June 2014 @ 03:34 PM ICT  

Quote by: Longtooth

The R15 is now available in Thailand. Stroke is the same as the 135i. It's only bored. Cyl, piston and rings, head, valves, exhaust, cpu, maybe cam and injector, re-map... You can make it a four speed R15! (R15 6 speed rice rocket is about 85,000 baht new.)

Most of the stuff is already available. I suspect you can go larger than 150. There are even stroker cranks available.

Without much fuss I would think a cam and exhaust would give a healthy boost to a 135. Then again it is fun to have a project

Flying Squirrel

Group Comfort
Level:
: +6

4 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 132 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association