By: Anonymous: AlexeyRS ()  Sunday, 06 May 2012 @ 10:15 PM ICT (Read 3981 times)  

Hi!
I am Russian living in Russia.
Last year, I was vacationing in Thailand, I like the Japanese bikes are made in Thailand, Russia does not have these bikes, or very little.
I want to buy 20-30 pieces of motorcycles - scooters for sale in Russia.
Who can help me?

By: AlexeyRS (offline)  Wednesday, 09 May 2012 @ 03:43 PM ICT  

There are people on this forum working in Motorbike Salon?Honda CBRHonda CBR

CRF450X

AlexeyRS

Group Comfort
Level:
: +1

By: AlexeyRS (offline)  Saturday, 02 June 2012 @ 04:17 PM ICT  

Dirt Road
I'll go in the autumn - winter in Thailand. Who can help me in Bangkok?

CRF450X

AlexeyRS

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Big Guy (offline)  Sunday, 03 June 2012 @ 08:20 AM ICT  

Big Guy cautions anyone who might be curious about this 'opportunity' to proceed with extreme caution and run away the minute you are asked for money to join the 'partnership'. Twenty bikes is a quantity that will interest the uninitiated little person, not the experienced business person. The offer might be engineered in that way.

Honda and China are already selling bikes in Russia and numerous smaller Russian manufacturers are already in the market with cheap offerings. Where is the money to be made shipping from Thailand to Russia? I'd be surprised if after all expenses a person could make $50 a bike. One holdup, one problem or one customs guy asking for a little on the side and the 'profit' would disappear in 60 seconds. Perhaps there is money to be made, but I would be very careful about this deal.

Shipping vehicles or anything from one country to another for commercial purposes is fraught with rules and risks that are a minefield for the inexperienced.

Having once lost all the profits from a shipment of DVD players from Asia to the USA because a few in the batch had internal ground wires that were not the correct shade of green, I can credibly advise that there are laws you never heard of just waiting to pounce.

You'll notice we're not even talking yet about whether or not you can trust the Russian stranger you just met on the internet.

My advice:

1/ Sure, have some fun and learn something: just be careful.

2/ Do not contribute any money to the venture. Better to be paid for your part on the ground in Thailand and to forego 'profit splitting' at the end. If you do spend money, get the money repaid in your hand before the goods are out of your control or your 'partner' has the benefit from the money you spent.

3/ Do not sign for anything on behalf of someone else or the business if you do not have full control of everything. As well as accepting the goods, you might unknowingly be guaranteeing payment under the law even if you didn't specifically intend to do that. Your signature has value and its use can be a danger to you. Never allow anyone to make promises in your name, whether verbally or in writing.

4/ Never provide the information for your real bank account to anyone. Open an account at a different bank to be used only for this purpose.

5/ Never provide your home or business address to strangers. Open a mailbox. Similarly create a new email address for only this purpose.

6/ After you do the first deal and make a little money, you are especially vulnerable because you now trust your partner and you believe in the system and business. That's what they are waiting for. 'Next time we do two hundred bikes' will be the one where you lose everything.

If I sound jaded and experienced, I am. There's a sucker born every minute, but there are a hundred predators for every sucker.

Good luck!

Big Guy

Big Guy

Group Comfort
Level:
: +2

By: news (offline)  Sunday, 03 June 2012 @ 11:22 AM ICT  

I agree with Big Guy, you need to be very careful with people you attract by forum postings like this. Regular motorcycle distributors/traders are not really interested in starting a business venture to a country which they have little experience, also 20 units (which is likely mixed models) is not that much of a order (sorry I say that), it will not even fill a 20 foot sea container. For example about 24 Kawasaki KLX250 fit in a 20 foot container (including some spare-parts).

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: AlexeyRS (offline)  Wednesday, 13 June 2012 @ 12:28 PM ICT  

Thank you!
I understand perfectly.
I want to buy motorcycles, to try to bring them to Russia and to sell.
If I succeed, I will build business with Thailand.

so I am looking for people who are engaged in the sale of motorcycles, and is the owner of MOTOBIKE SALON.

CRF450X

AlexeyRS

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Anant (offline)  Tuesday, 26 February 2013 @ 06:26 PM ICT  

If you are in Thailand then try to go to shops and check bikes with trial.

Quote by: AlexeyRS

Hi!
I am Russian living in Russia.
Last year, I was vacationing in Thailand, I like the Japanese bikes are made in Thailand, Russia does not have these bikes, or very little.
I want to buy 20-30 pieces of motorcycles - scooters for sale in Russia.
Who can help me?

Anant

Group Comfort
Level:
: 0

By: silenzo (offline)  Tuesday, 26 February 2013 @ 06:50 PM ICT  

Quote by: AlexeyRS

Dirt Road
I'll go in the autumn - winter in Thailand. Who can help me in Bangkok?

I think it's illegal to sell motorcycle from a country to another without proper import export document. It seems quite easy by looking on your intention here to ask individual people who can work with you for this business. Since you'll be visiting Thailand, you can go to motorcycle dealers by yourself. This can be done by corporate. I don't know much for the import export thing.

silenzo

Group Comfort
Level:
: +2

8 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 134 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association