By: Anonymous: lin ()  Wednesday, 18 April 2012 @ 02:39 AM ICT (Read 7878 times)  

i just got the bike in Singapore last week and it's the FI model. the speedometer shows miles on the outer circle and kilometers on the inner circle. was wondering whether the odometer is reading in miles or kilometer? my odometer is having a different reading as compared to other bikes like the Yamaha X1-R and Fazer 800 and it seems to me that the odometer is reading in miles

By: news (offline)  Wednesday, 18 April 2012 @ 09:00 AM ICT  

Quote by: lin

i just got the bike in Singapore last week and it's the FI model. the speedometer shows miles on the outer circle and kilometers on the inner circle. was wondering whether the odometer is reading in miles or kilometer? my odometer is having a different reading as compared to other bikes like the Yamaha X1-R and Fazer 800 and it seems to me that the odometer is reading in miles

I was told that it's not that difficult to switch the Kawasaki Ninja 250R from displaying 'miles' to 'kilometers'. Your Kawasaki dealer will do it within a few minutes.

If your motorcycle is not from a local Kawasaki dealer, they maybe not willing to help you. Therefore you can always download the Kawasaki Ninja 250R Service Manual in English and try to figure it out yourself.

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Anonymous: lin ()  Wednesday, 18 April 2012 @ 03:56 PM ICT  

Quote by: news

I was told that it's not that difficult to switch the Kawasaki Ninja 250R from displaying 'miles' to 'kilometers'. Your Kawasaki dealer will do it within a few minutes.

If your motorcycle is not from a local Kawasaki dealer, they maybe not willing to help you. Therefore you can always download the Kawasaki Ninja 250R Service Manual in English and try to figure it out yourself.

i read the service manual and found nothing on how to switch the odometer from displaying miles to kilometers.

btw, i thought that only digital meters are able to make such changes, can the switch be done on analog meters too?

By: Anonymous: Lost Samurai ()  Friday, 20 April 2012 @ 07:13 AM ICT  

For my Ninja, Kawasaki told me to hold down the mode button and change by pushing reset button, this should take it to kilometers and temperature in Celsius.

By: Anonymous: lin ()  Friday, 20 April 2012 @ 01:46 PM ICT  

Quote by: Lost Samurai

For my Ninja, Kawasaki told me to hold down the mode button and change by pushing reset button, this should take it to kilometers and temperature in Celsius.

From
which Ninja do you talk? The 250R doesn't have a mode button, unless you change to a digital dashboard.

By: news (offline)  Friday, 20 April 2012 @ 02:03 PM ICT  

To make it easier to talk about the dashboard of the Kawasaki Ninja 250R I include the two dashboards I about (the second is the latest). Not sure that the first dashboard was ever released on a fuel-injection model...

Click on image to openClick on image to open

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: ThaiDesign (offline)  Friday, 20 April 2012 @ 02:12 PM ICT  

I have another dashboard, which is the 2011 USA Kawasaki Ninja 250R cockpit - you can see that it has miles in the outside ring and kilometers in the inside. But you can also see no FI light as the 2011 USA Kawasaki Ninja 250R has not fuel injection...

Click on image to open

ThaiDesign

Group Comfort
Level:
: +30

By: Anonymous: lin ()  Wednesday, 25 April 2012 @ 01:49 PM ICT  

Quote by: ThaiDesign

I have another dashboard, which is the 2011 USA Kawasaki Ninja 250R cockpit - you can see that it has miles in the outside ring and kilometers in the inside. But you can also see no FI light as the 2011 USA Kawasaki Ninja 250R has not fuel injection...

my dashboard is almost the same as the one in the picture. the only difference is mine is the FI model, so instead of the fuel gauge, it comes with a temperature gauge

8 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 132 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association