18 posts :: Page 1 of 2
By: davidstipek (offline)  Sunday, 15 April 2012 @ 02:56 PM ICT (Read 13258 times)  

I am realy confused...

YamahaUSA, Yamaha World Headquarters, all refer you to Yamaha Thailand in reference to any info on Thai Made Yamaha's....

But Yamaha Thailand does not answer any questions or return any Emails....

Whats up with this????

I needed to get info on 1995 Yamaha 111cc Bike. All I have is Vin from frame and Engine. They all match Thai green book, most of info in Registration Book is in Thai.

Model: Y-111D

Vin: 4UJ-005773

Can anyone help me?

Would like a service manual if anyone has access to one..

David

David

davidstipek

Group Comfort
Level:
: +2

By: news (offline)  Sunday, 15 April 2012 @ 04:08 PM ICT  

Answering English emails, or any emails, are often not answered by many Thai companies, not only Yamaha. Thai companies are slowly learning to adopt the new media called email, but for now the best communication is still the good old telephone or visiting the company.

Anyway I have no idea what the Yamaha model Y-111D is... You not have a model name?

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: davidstipek (offline)  Sunday, 15 April 2012 @ 04:44 PM ICT  

Quote by: news

Answering English emails, or any emails, are often not answered by many Thai companies, not only Yamaha. Thai companies are slowly learning to adopt the new media called email, but for now the best communication is still the good old telephone or visiting the company.

Anyway I have no idea what the Yamaha model Y-111D is... You not have a model name?

Hi News!!!

Saw Wa Dee Pe Mi, Khrup!

I knew you would answer me if you saw this..haha!

No the onley thing I have is:
Year - 1995.
Model - Y-111D
Vin - 4UJ-005773
Name - Yamaha
Color
Petrol type
how many passengers (as if that made a diference...hahaha)

David

Click on image to open

David

davidstipek

Group Comfort
Level:

By: ThaiDesign (offline)  Sunday, 15 April 2012 @ 04:51 PM ICT  

The model is called the Yamaha Mate 111, it's a two-stroke 111cc motorcycle. But I agree that not much information is available.

Click on image to open

ThaiDesign

Group Comfort
Level:
: +30

By: davidstipek (offline)  Sunday, 15 April 2012 @ 04:53 PM ICT  

Quote by: davidstipek

Quote by: news

Hi News!!!

Saw Wa Dee Pe Mi, Khrup!

I knew you would answer me if you saw this..haha!

No the onley thing I have is:
Year - 1995.
Model - Y-111D
Vin - 4UJ-005773
Name - Yamaha
Color
Petrol type
how many passengers (as if that made a diference...hahaha)

David

Here is picture of my last project the Y80 belle Chopper.

I am looking for a Electronic Tach to use on its CDI Ignition.....

Click on image to open

David

davidstipek

Group Comfort
Level:

By: davidstipek (offline)  Sunday, 15 April 2012 @ 04:57 PM ICT  

Quote by: ThaiDesign

The model is called the Yamaha Mate 111, it's a two-stroke 111cc motorcycle. But I agree that not much information is available.

Thanks Thai Design!!!

Do you know of a Tach (add-on after market) that can be used on this and the Y80 belle 2T engines???

David

David

davidstipek

Group Comfort
Level:

By: ThaiDesign (offline)  Sunday, 15 April 2012 @ 04:59 PM ICT  

Probably you can get a good amount of information from the guys at www.88part.com (experts with parts for older Thai motorcycles), they're of course more interested in selling you stuff but if you call them and ask them nicely I'm sure they can answer some questions (probably better if somebody who speaks Thai calls).

ThaiDesign

Group Comfort
Level:
: +30

By: davidstipek (offline)  Monday, 16 April 2012 @ 03:57 PM ICT  

Probably you can get a good amount of information from the guys at www.88part.com (experts with parts for older Thai motorcycles), they're of course more interested in selling you stuff but if you call them and ask them nicely I'm sure they can answer some questions (probably better if somebody who speaks Thai calls).

ThaiDesign

Thanks! I have sent them an Email. I also Put a Very Good reference to your help, and Motorcycle Thailand (maybe they Buy more Advertising.... Smile )

Do you know about Electronics? In America we have Standard Parts and High Performance Parts. As example: Coils, 12V standard output and then we have High Performance Coils, 12v and Output is almost triple. Hot enough if you standing on wet ground and get snapped with output could stop Heart! This is what I am looking for. Same with CDI, Sharper, Higher, Crisper output.

Can we interchange between Manufacturers? Parts do same result, if say Honda part does a more stable higher output... just change connectors?

Engine on Chopper is extensive reworked. Ported and Polished. Milled to get higher Compression 9:5 to 1, Oversize head studs, head has been polished, exhaust opened up, Block bored .50 over, 3rd ring added to piston for Compression and Stablity of piston in cylinder. Engine will rev 9500+ but we are not worried about High end we are increasing Low end for crisper quicker response and Torque/HP. Also added Ram tube to intake, This increased lowend Torque extensively. Using stock final gear ratio can with semi automatic smoke rear tire. Actually can climb to Doi Sup in 3rd gear with no bog down.

This whole project started with trying to fina a way to get lighting for Grandma's on their 3 wheel Carts in Very Early Morning to Market in Darkness. We used Bicycle Dynometer Light kit. Wheel driven, Found Halogen 6V and 12V bulbs. Added Honda 4 wire rectifier and used cellphone lithium Batteries (2 - 3.5V= 6V system; 4 equaled a 12V system) Hid batteries under seat of bike... no weight!! Attached rectifier to bikes frame "seat post". Now we had lights when pedaling and when stopped. Added red led to top back of headlight to remind operator system was on, and weather proof on/off switch to Handlebars. (right hand) and H/L switch to left hand. We used white LED in original Bike reflective tail light, resealed and now seen from right, left side and rear. pefect system! No 2AA or 2AAA batteries being discarded along the soi's as they failed. Good for enviroment!

Then I desided to get fancy, I found a set of Electric bike brake levers for cable... but they had brake switches installed. So I wired them hot before light switch and fused off battery. Also fused main lighting also. Went back and reopened taillight and installed two leds lights for brake system resealed and remounted tailight fixture in original Manufacturers position 12V leds worked in both 6V and 12V systems, very little difference in level of brightness. My wife has been using for 3 years, no bulb failures as rectifier also has voltage regulator, batteries still good as day one... maybe last over 12 years???

It was important for me to find a way to protect these people so families not worry. That they were visable to the traffic around them, and could return home each night safely! Someday if we meet, I will tell you and News a little more deeply why I took this issue Personally!

Your Friend,
David

David

davidstipek

Group Comfort
Level:

By: davidstipek (offline)  Wednesday, 18 April 2012 @ 11:09 AM ICT  

ThaiDesign

Again thanks for your suggestion. They are checking to see if Body Kit is Correct and complete.

Electronics they suggested I go elsewhere as they could match model year part, but changing order they were not sure of. In previous message I was looking for a aftermarket or another Model, Brand, Year to find electronic small face (40-60 cm) Tach. I can either pick up CDI pulse at coil or do a wire wire wrap to get Inducted signal and of course 12V If it is in Chrome cup for add-on mounting...Fantastic!

Other issue was removing Charging/lighting Plate assembly 6V from Y80 Belle and replacing it with 12V assembly complete. Not sure but if someone has knollege of what will bolt up (to Y80 Block) maybe they can jump in... Y80 has charging/Lighting circuit - one coil each and what I am looking for is assembly that has 1 charging coil and 2 lighting coils (as belle 100 has), I don't know maybe a Belle 100 assembly will bolt-up???

David
David

David

davidstipek

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Anonymous: David ()  Sunday, 29 April 2012 @ 11:16 PM ICT  

All they have is a secondhand fiber body kit. Good price but cheaper at Supplier House here in Chiang Mai.

ThaiDesign... I stand corrected on Model Name;
Yamaha Mate 111D
Okay does anyone have Service, Parts or Tech Manual for the above??? Please... if you have manual (s) and no longer have bike, I will pay for and send you Prepay Envelope to send to me, just Email me let me know: davidstipek@msn.com . If you want to keep manuals I will send you funds for copying to paper. Scanning to file would be easier maybe... I could send you a USB Memory Card to use. If you don't want to email file.

Anyone?? I need so I asking...

David

By: Anonymous: David ()  Sunday, 29 April 2012 @ 11:22 PM ICT  

Thaiesign
Again thanks for the Picture here, Question though it shows drum brake on front wheel. Mine has Disc Brake was it available both ways?
David

By: davidstipek (offline)  Sunday, 01 July 2012 @ 10:59 PM ICT  

Ride OnRide On

Quote by: davidstipek

I am realy confused...

YamahaUSA, Yamaha World Headquarters, all refer you to Yamaha Thailand in reference to any info on Thai Made Yamaha's....

But Yamaha Thailand does not answer any questions or return any Emails....

Whats up with this????

I needed to get info on 1995 Yamaha 111cc Bike. All I have is Vin from frame and Engine. They all match Thai green book, most of info in Registration Book is in Thai.

Model: Y-111D

Vin: 4UJ-005773

Can anyone help me?

Would like a service manual if anyone has access to one..

David

Okay I found out this is a "Yamaha Mate111Super....

Does anyone have manuals??

Also I understand Yamaha made a Mate111SuperEL... which was Electric Start. This manual I would like to see also to compare if I can change/add parts to convert mine!!

Dig Deep... Everyone look...

Thanks..
David

David

davidstipek

Group Comfort
Level:

By: davidstipek (offline)  Thursday, 13 June 2013 @ 01:56 PM ICT  

Quote by: David

Thaiesign
Again thanks for the Picture here, Question though it shows drum brake on front wheel. Mine has Disc Brake was it available both ways?
David

Actually the model is a 1995 Yamaha Mate Y111D (D is for disc brake) It was also available as a Y111S,(Super) and a Y111 Super EL The last two Models had electic start added.

I really need a wiring diagram for the Y111D and Y111Super EL. If you have for Super EL that would be great as only difference is the added electic start. Easy to go around that if not needed. This engine had a stator driven fan that sucked air in and force cooled head. same as Suzuki, engines where almost Identical

Parts manual for same would be great also!

I cannot believe as many of these bikes I have seen around just Nong Hoi... there must be some elsewhere also... Why cannot get any info on them is beyond any expectation... People just don't care I guess (Yamaha)
David

David

davidstipek

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Flying Squirrel (offline)  Friday, 14 June 2013 @ 03:09 PM ICT  

David,

You lost me when you started talking about two coils from one conversion. 80 Belle etc..

I bought a 50mm tach for a Wave once. Should be lots in Chiang Mai. 4 wires. two for power, one for lighting and one for wrapping around the HT. I bolted it on the leg shield.

As for the parts manual you have to think outside the box. Lol, No

Is it fan cooled?

ExclaimationIf I am not mistaken the Mate is similar to an Indonesian F1Z available in SE and R variants of course I have been wrong before

How about this http://www.scribd.com/doc/37138175/Buku-Manual-F1ZR-4WHH-4WHJ can't promise though.Question

Flying Squirrel

Group Comfort
Level:
: +6

By: davidstipek (offline)  Saturday, 15 June 2013 @ 10:34 PM ICT  

Quote by: Flying Squirrel

David,

You lost me when you started talking about two coils from one conversion. 80 Belle etc..

I bought a 50mm tach for a Wave once. Should be lots in Chiang Mai. 4 wires. two for power, one for lighting and one for wrapping around the HT. I bolted it on the leg shield.

As for the parts manual you have to think outside the box. Lol, No

Is it fan cooled?

ExclaimationIf I am not mistaken the Mate is similar to an Indonesian F1Z available in SE and R variants of course I have been wrong before

How about this http://www.scribd.com/doc/37138175/Buku-Manual-F1ZR-4WHH-4WHJ can't promise though.Question

Flying S.
1st yes this model does have a blade attached to the Stator wheel that is suppose to suck air in and direct it across and thru the head, cooling it even at a standstill.

Let me explain the following. If it is an external wire connected to coil, I have added the word "Lead". if it is the taps on the coils there will be the factories choice of colors before and after <coil>. Hope this helps understand Yamaha's Mess!!

Okay to explain the coil it is one base, with 3 coils wrapped on same frame:
ground lead<coil>green/white lead<coil>yellow<coil>green red lead
This is the setup for 6V

I was told to float the Coils. Remove the ground, as it will short and burn where it can it not.... Sooo.. Here
yellow lead<Coil><Coil><Coil>green/red lead (Coils are daisy chained)

These 2 lead go to AC imputs on Rectifier (in yellow and white posts) the other two are Ground Black and Red +DCV. Everything that was +DCV before and off Yellow lead is moved to tie into Red +DCV.

At this point all electrical on bike is DCV. Only ACV is from Stator Coils to Rectifier. So I don't want to connect back to original point and remove that coil from the daisy chain, as It would put ACV into bike wiring.

I could remove 1st coil in Daisychain and wire it as original:
Black Lead <coil> Green/white stripe and hook back to Green/white lead from CDI. Since there are no DCV inputs... to conflcts. Now tie Yellow wire to one end of daisychained <coil><coil> green/red wire to other end.

I have no Diagram but all I have heard is that this lead has to do with Ignition and the rest of the stator outputs that go to Ignition... go to CDI.

NOTE I have a friend that brought me another Yamaha Complete Stator it has four coils. 3 under Magnetic flywheel and one on the outside. One of these coils has a black lead and a Green/white lead going to it...
????
the other 3..
1 red/white lead - blue/white lead
2 black/red lead - black lead = Source coil
3 black lead -(centertap Yellow lead)-white lead (3 leads)

The link you sent me, Thanks but not CDI Ignition.

Again I add this note:

Let me explain the following. If it is an external wire connected to coil, I have added the word "Lead". if it is the taps on the coils there will be the factories choice of colors before and after <coil>. Hope this helps understand Yamaha's Mess!!

All this is well and good...except I have one wire left the green/white stripe. Originally it went from ACV coil to CDI. Where does it attach now? (see NOTE ABOVE) could it be wired as my friends coils are on his stator assembly?? Even with all my coils under flywheel?

I have seen these configurations: {You may have to draw these out to understand wiring}
both have 1 external coil on outside of flywheel

1 - has 2 dual Lighting and charging coils (2 frames 2 coils wrapped on each frame) (black lead <coil> yellow> white lead <yellow<coil>orange> Yellow/red stripe lead <Orange<coil>yellow> yellow/red stripe lead <yellow<coil>black lead.
There are 3 leads feeding these 2 coils, both blacks are tie together, both yellow/red stripe are tied together. Finally a white lead.
So black, yellow/redstripe and white

1 - has 1 dual wrapped lighting/charge coils same (1) frame (yellow lead - white lead - Black lead)

Both have 1 source coil (black/red lead - black lead)

Both have 4 coils

David

David

davidstipek

Group Comfort
Level:

18 posts :: Page 1 of 2
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 134 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association