39 posts :: Page 2 of 3
By: Anonymous: Daid ()  Tuesday, 08 May 2012 @ 11:25 AM ICT  

Thank you.

By: Anonymous: gecko ()  Sunday, 13 May 2012 @ 01:55 AM ICT  

hello

what s the price for Royal Enfield Classic 350 or 500 ?

thanks

By: Anonymous: David ()  Wednesday, 16 May 2012 @ 09:19 PM ICT  

Gecko,

It's a pity no-one has replied to your question, so I will.
This website has the 350 at 145,000 baht.
No-one seems to know how much the 500 is or will be.

By: news (offline)  Thursday, 17 May 2012 @ 07:53 AM ICT  

I'm not sure when, but I can remember that somebody from the Thai Royal Enfield distributor told me that the Royal Enfield Classic 500 with electronic fuel injection will be around 190,000 THB (maybe it was at the 2012 Bangkok Motorbike Festival in Centralworld).

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Anonymous: David ()  Thursday, 17 May 2012 @ 11:59 AM ICT  

Hmm, if so then that seems to be a very reasonable price.
If only they could establish a dealership network throughout Thailand I think they would sell many.

By: news (offline)  Thursday, 17 May 2012 @ 12:49 PM ICT  

From experience I know that setting up a reliable dealer network is easier said than done, lots of wannabe dealers will contact you and will apply to be a dealer. But other than most Western motorcycle dealers, who make most money from service, equipment and accessories sales, most of companies interested in a dealership are most interested in the sales of motorcycle units, which doesn't bring in that much money so they save money on service capability and hire fresh out of school mechanics.

The result is that new motorcycle brands entering the Thai market are getting a bad name as being of low quality... So it's maybe better that Royal Enfield grows slowly and only takes on dealers that are serious companies...

news

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Anonymous: David ()  Thursday, 17 May 2012 @ 02:26 PM ICT  

Yes, it's frustrating for the guy looking for a 'different' sort of bike such as the Royal Enfield and it must be frustrating for the company finding reliable dealerships.

Personally, and this probably applies to others, the one reason I am steering away from purchasing a Royal Enfield and probably heading towards a relatively boring brand is that
I can not see any likelihood of a dealer being established in the north of Thailand. Hope I'm wrong and will be extremely happy to learn otherwise.

Real pity about that; for both parties.

By: news (offline)  Thursday, 17 May 2012 @ 02:33 PM ICT  

Probably Chiang Mai and Phuket are the first two locations a company like the Thai Royal Enfield distributor want to setup shop. But that would probably happen in the form of partnership or daughter companies of the Bangkok based distributor.

news

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Anonymous: David ()  Thursday, 17 May 2012 @ 05:37 PM ICT  

Hope so; the sooner the better.
There's a few guys here (CMai) very interested in the 500.
I'm one. If we had a local dealer I'd buy a 500 tomorrow.

Maybe 'Motorcycle Thailand' can excerpt some influence?! Idea

By: Anonymous: David ()  Friday, 18 May 2012 @ 09:26 AM ICT  

OOPS! Darn spell-check.

ie 'exert'.

By: Big Guy (offline)  Friday, 18 May 2012 @ 09:21 PM ICT  

Count me in for a 500 Chrome Maroon Classic.

If there is no dealer in Chiang Mai, who cares? I'll buy it in Bangkok and ride it north. As to service, I'll take it back or do the basics myself. We're not talking a complicated piece of machinery.

It would be better if there was a dealer or at least an authorized service shop in Chiang Mai, but that shouldn't be a deal breaker for those who want to own this piece of history and style.

Crank her up!

Big Guy

Group Comfort
Level:
: +2

By: Anonymous: David ()  Saturday, 19 May 2012 @ 12:44 AM ICT  

Fair enough Big Guy, but I'd prefer the security of having a dealership nearby ........ just in case.

By: Phineas (offline)  Tuesday, 19 June 2012 @ 06:44 PM ICT  

Does anyone know what is going on with Royal Enfield in Bangkok? The date for availability keeps getting pushed back - the last I heard was June but no news.....Is this ever going to happen?

Phineas

Group Comfort
Level:
: +1

By: news (offline)  Tuesday, 19 June 2012 @ 11:06 PM ICT  

Quote by: Phineas

Does anyone know what is going on with Royal Enfield in Bangkok? The date for availability keeps getting pushed back - the last I heard was June but no news.....Is this ever going to happen?

What I understand the first shipment of Royal Enfield motorcycles should not be delayed much longer. The delays are mostly because in the last few months the Thai government changed a few rules for importing motorcycles, which generated the need for a whole new set of paper work.

Also because the Thai government decided to block the import and registration of imported secondhand motorcycles emission testing centers where very busy doing testing on last minute imported motorcycles before the ban on secondhand imported motorcycles became active...

news

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Anonymous: Dheeraj ()  Tuesday, 13 August 2013 @ 11:09 AM ICT  

Can anyone inform contact details of RE dealer in Bkk as I want to buy one.
Thanks in advance

39 posts :: Page 2 of 3
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 170 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association