12 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Anonymous: Johan ()  Tuesday, 03 April 2012 @ 11:13 AM ICT (Read 7476 times)  

I am a bit confused, and would like to know what motorcycles Yamaha currently sells?

By: news (offline)  Tuesday, 03 April 2012 @ 02:57 PM ICT  

Yamaha Thailand has currently the following models available. You said motorcycles, but lots of people say motorcycles but also mean scooters, so I made a list of all Yamaha motorcycles and scooters.

Scooters:
Yamaha Fino, Yamaha Fiore, Yamaha TTX, Yamaha Nouvo SX, Yamaha MIO 115i, Yamaha MIO 125, and the Yamaha Filano.

Maxi-Scooters:
Yamaha TMAX (XP500)

Motorcycles:
Yamaha Spark Nano and the Yamaha Spark 135i

Big-bikes:
Yamaha FZ8N, Yamaha FZ1, Yamaha YZF-R1, Yamaha XT1200 Super Tenere, and the Yamaha FJR1300A.

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Flying Squirrel (offline)  Saturday, 07 April 2012 @ 08:50 AM ICT  

Is there going to be a new Elegance?

Flying Squirrel

Group Comfort
Level:
: +6

By: news (offline)  Saturday, 07 April 2012 @ 10:06 AM ICT  

Quote by: Flying Squirrel

Is there going to be a new Elegance?

That is a very good question, I asked for which models are currently available and I got the list I posted before. I not even noticed that the Yamaha Nouvo Elegance was missing... I will try to get some information regarding the future of the Yamaha Nouvo Elegance...

news

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Flying Squirrel (offline)  Saturday, 07 April 2012 @ 10:11 AM ICT  

Cheers,

Only really relevant if it has a bigger engine then the 125 SX. There are runours of something bigger than the old 135cc.

Flying Squirrel

Group Comfort
Level:
: +6

By: news (offline)  Saturday, 07 April 2012 @ 10:51 AM ICT  

Yamaha has no new scooter model in the 126 to 200cc segment in the planning. Of course, I'm not a fortuneteller therefore my knowledge is limited to something as 6 months. Also the current Yamaha Nouvo Elegance 135 has currently no planned 2012 model.

That a popular scooter or motorcycle skips a model upgrade for a year is not uncommon, so it doesn't say anything about the future of the model.

news

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Anonymous: Chang Noi ()  Saturday, 07 April 2012 @ 01:20 PM ICT  

I do not think any of the big bikes of Yamaha are officially sold here. Yes they are sold but by individual import.
As far as I know they are not made here so they are bloody expensive.

Chang Noi

By: news (offline)  Saturday, 07 April 2012 @ 01:46 PM ICT  

All the “big-bikes“ and one “Maxi-scooter” are officially sold by Yamaha Motor Co. Ltd in Thailand. Yes, they are not manufactured in Thailand, and yes compared to prices from outside Thailand they cost a good amount more.

But than all imported motorcycles cost a good amount more, that is outside the control of a manufacturer – the Thai government is very protective on imported goods and within a few years the import duty will be zero anyway...

news

Group Comfort
Level:

By: davidstipek (offline)  Monday, 16 April 2012 @ 04:06 PM ICT  

Quote by: news

All the “big-bikes“ and one “Maxi-scooter” are officially sold by Yamaha Motor Co. Ltd in Thailand. Yes, they are not manufactured in Thailand, and yes compared to prices from outside Thailand they cost a good amount more.

But than all imported motorcycles cost a good amount more, that is outside the control of a manufacturer – the Thai government is very protective on imported goods and within a few years the import duty will be zero anyway...

News

Good answer! When will the trade Import Duty do you think, disappear? Then I can bring my Harley in. Right now the duty is more then I paid for the Bike! haha!

David

David

davidstipek

Group Comfort
Level:
: +2

By: mrdominy (offline)  Tuesday, 17 April 2012 @ 11:31 PM ICT  

Quote by: news

Yamaha Thailand has currently the following models available. You said motorcycles, but lots of people say motorcycles but also mean scooters, so I made a list of all Yamaha motorcycles and scooters.

Scooters:
Yamaha Fino, Yamaha Fiore, Yamaha TTX, Yamaha Nouvo SX, Yamaha MIO 115i, Yamaha MIO 125, and the Yamaha Filano.

Maxi-Scooters:
Yamaha TMAX (XP500)

Motorcycles:
Yamaha Spark Nano and the Yamaha Spark 135i

Big-bikes:
Yamaha FZ8N, Yamaha FZ1, Yamaha YZF-R1, Yamaha XT1200 Super Tenere, and the Yamaha FJR1300A.

mrdominy

Group Comfort
Level:
: 0

By: mrdominy (offline)  Tuesday, 17 April 2012 @ 11:42 PM ICT  

Hi, can anyone tell me where i can obtain parts for an Mio SX 115, or a fiore XC115 S.

mrdominy

Group Comfort
Level:
: 0

By: news (offline)  Wednesday, 18 April 2012 @ 07:15 AM ICT  

Quote by: mrdominy

Hi, can anyone tell me where i can obtain parts for an Mio SX 115, or a fiore XC115 S.

Mick I send you a personal message (PM)....

news

Group Comfort
Level:

12 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 134 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association