By: Anonymous: BikerJoe ()  Sunday, 18 March 2012 @ 05:54 PM ICT (Read 1440 times)  

Every time I wash my motorcycle it's like I have to scrub the tires in all over again. Is there a good tire cleaner or something that I can use to keep them from getting slipper every time I wash? A degreaser perhaps?

By: ThaiDesign (offline)  Sunday, 18 March 2012 @ 06:12 PM ICT  

You might be confused here Joe. When a tire's new it's slippery either due to a release agent used to get it out of the mold or simply because the mold itself was highly polished. You have to ride gently until this is removed and then the tire's scrubbed in Once that's done you don't have to do it again.

It's possible when you're washing your motorcycle you're getting soap or detergent on your tires which might make them a little slippery, but not that much surely? It's best to avoid getting anything on your tires but if you do, just rinse it off with plenty of clean water and you should have no problems (a soft nylon brush might help if you want to be extra sure it's gone). A degreaser wouldn't be a good idea as some contain chemicals which might attack the rubber and they may leave a residue of their own. Even a little soap left on your tires shouldn't make them as slippery as new un-scrubbed tires anyway....

ThaiDesign

Group Comfort
Level:
: +30

2 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 132 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association