12 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Anonymous: V250 ()  Tuesday, 13 March 2012 @ 10:31 AM ICT (Read 6439 times)  

I try to contact Lifan motorcycles but they don't answer any emails.

By: Anonymous: David ()  Tuesday, 13 March 2012 @ 11:10 AM ICT  

Don't take it personally.
Most Thai businesses don't answer English language emails.
Unprofessional maybe. Not competent or confident with their written English maybe.
It's frustrating.
My attitude is; 'No reply, no business.'

By: Anonymous: miramax ()  Tuesday, 13 March 2012 @ 12:00 PM ICT  

Yes, i agree...no answer email = no business. Lifan specially sucks on emails as i have tried so many times before and even by phone they give unsatisfactory replies. The 250 vtwin seems an "Maybe ok" chopper, but what if you need to get in contact with them? With as small as they are here still...and knowing they want to gain marketshare they must really be braindead for not acting better...and i mean a LOT better! They simply are not ready for doing business here. The horrifying stories from the cross 200 somewhat reflects on their attitude to serve inquiries.
Lifan or Platinum...whats the difference? Nothing, its the same with a different Label.

By: news (offline)  Tuesday, 13 March 2012 @ 12:07 PM ICT  

Which email address did you send the email to?

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Anonymous: V250 ()  Tuesday, 13 March 2012 @ 12:11 PM ICT  

The email address I used was admin@lifanth.com

By: news (offline)  Tuesday, 13 March 2012 @ 12:49 PM ICT  

Quote by: V250

The email address I used was admin@lifanth.com

I would be very surprised if somebody would answer that email with a serious answer. As that domain name is hi-jacket by somebody who has very little to do with Lifan Thailand.

The official domain name for Lifan Thailand is www.lifanthailand.com

And the email address is admin@lifanthailand.com

Hope you have more luck with this email address...

news

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Anonymous: David ()  Tuesday, 13 March 2012 @ 12:59 PM ICT  

V250, let's know if you get a response with that email address.

I must admit that Kawasaki have always replied to my emails, but no other manufacturer.
And, yes, I used brief and basic English.

By: news (offline)  Tuesday, 13 March 2012 @ 01:50 PM ICT  

I have to say that the right email address is not a guaranty that you get a response. But your chances are improving. If you have serious questions you best let somebody like your wife or g/f call them to ask the question.

The telephones are 02-894-5940 and 02-894-5941

news

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Anonymous: Scuba ()  Sunday, 03 June 2012 @ 12:44 PM ICT  

Within hours of sending an email to Lifan asking where I could buy a Lifan if I was in Phuket, they called me and asked me if I would like to open a Lifan dealership in Phuket!! But that was in 09. I have also emailed recently (the correct email) and received no response.

By: Anonymous: David ()  Friday, 08 June 2012 @ 07:59 AM ICT  

It's contemptuous isn't it?
Not only Lifan, many others.
Can anyone explain why?

By: news (offline)  Friday, 08 June 2012 @ 08:46 AM ICT  

It’s a Thai thing, I ask a few people I met after I tried to communicate by email and I got a width range of excuses so I not really think it’s just one reason.

It’s not even English language related, as we also send out a good amount of Thai emails and get also little response.

Apparently, Thai people find it difficult to communicate with others without ever meeting them in person. I say this because, we have some contacts who never replied to our emails, but after we meet with him at his office he’s one of the fastest responders on our emails…

One of our administrative workers always calls before she sends an email, something I can remember a lot of people also did that in the time all used the FAX ….

news

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Anonymous: David ()  Friday, 08 June 2012 @ 09:20 AM ICT  

" Thai people find it difficult to communicate with others without ever meeting them in person. "

A very good and interesting point, which I can accept; thanks for that.

Not too many businesses have met their customers before they actually become customers though, so this is a dilemma for both parties.

12 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 132 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association