Login
Welcome to Motorcycle Thailand
Wednesday, August 20 2014 @ 07:29 PM ICT
 Forum Index >  Motorcycle Manufacturers >  Honda Motorcycles New Topic Post Reply
 Honda pcx pinking
First | Previous | 1 2 | Next | Last    |  Printable Version
By: Flying Squirrel (offline)  Monday, December 12 2011 @ 09:02 PM ICT  
Flying Squirrel

Well you could try the injector from a CBR150? Where do you live?

Forum Active Member

Group Comfort
Level:
: +5

Profile Email    
By: ThaiDesign (offline)  Monday, December 12 2011 @ 09:09 PM ICT  
ThaiDesign

Quote by: Flying Squirrel

Well you could try the injector from a CBR150? Where do you live?

Using a injector from a Honda CBR150Ri, that is now the second time I hear that... Does that really work for the Honda PCX 125, the modify teenagers in my neighborhood insured me that it works very well – but I have no experience with it...

Forum Active Member

Group Comfort
Level:
: +26

Profile Email    
By: Flying Squirrel (offline)  Tuesday, December 13 2011 @ 08:57 AM ICT  
Flying Squirrel

As you may know simply adding more fuel does not increase HP. I simply wondered as other have reported that maybe Andy C's injector was plugged with foreign material. I have not had the units side by side and I don't have a PCX one as I sent it to Dobeck.

At least one guy I know with a 160 conversion uses a 150 throttle body which from memory is slightly larger by about 1mm. One of those "buy standard Honda parts in Thailand and sell at western prices" websites is or was offering that as a performance part for the PCX.

If Andy C's bike used to do 120 then I wonder if it slowed down after it had been to a service?

Forum Active Member

Group Comfort
Level:

Profile Email    
By: andyc (offline)  Tuesday, December 13 2011 @ 09:21 PM ICT  
andyc

As you may know simply adding more fuel does not increase HP. I simply wondered as other have reported that maybe Andy C's injector was plugged with foreign material. I have not had the units side by side and I don't have a PCX one as I sent it to Dobeck.

At least one guy I know with a 160 conversion uses a 150 throttle body which from memory is slightly larger by about 1mm. One of those "buy standard Honda parts in Thailand and sell at western prices" websites is or was offering that as a performance part for the PCX.

If Andy C's bike used to do 120 then I wonder if it slowed down after it had been to a service?

I live in Burrium ,and yes i think the bike slowed down after service ,this speed stopper or what ever they are saying is rubbish they are trying damage control to stop a recall,.when you buy a bike surely it does not have a time delay to reduce the speed of your bike,if i fitted what your saying i know will work but my warrenty is cancelled,

Forum Regular Member

Group Comfort
Level:
: +1

Profile Email    
By: Flying Squirrel (offline)  Wednesday, December 14 2011 @ 09:10 AM ICT  
Flying Squirrel

Andy,

Apart from the mechanical stop in the variator. I think it has been proven that PCX has a speed or HP limit resulting in modulation of the fuel flow. Two camps here.

Some stock PCX's abroad will do 67-68 mph some will struggle to 60.

What I was trying to ascertain is any relationship with your drop in speed and visit to the dealership?

Did the speed reduction coincide with the dealer changing the belt? Maybe either the OEM belt specs has changed or they substituted a belt of different spec.

Could it be mileage and simply your belt is wearing out aka getting thin.

Forum Active Member

Group Comfort
Level:

Profile Email    
By: andyc (offline)  Friday, December 16 2011 @ 05:03 PM ICT  
andyc

Andy,

Apart from the mechanical stop in the variator. I think it has been proven that PCX has a speed or HP limit resulting in modulation of the fuel flow. Two camps here.

Some stock PCX's abroad will do 67-68 mph some will struggle to 60.

What I was trying to ascertain is any relationship with your drop in speed and visit to the dealership?

Did the speed reduction coincide with the dealer changing the belt? Maybe either the OEM belt specs has changed or they substituted a belt of different spec.

Could it be mileage and simply your belt is wearing out aka getting thin.

sorry for the the late reply stinking cold i got up this part of country,well this Pcx i got with the problem has got 7500 k on the clock,and i think but cannot say 100 % im sure it changed after my visit to the dealer for there service.so i will have to go back soon for the 8k service,but at the moment i got the bike in bits will post tomorrow to hell with the warrenty i know in my heart there is something wrong with the production of this bike ,but i could be wrong,im up all night tonight will post tomorrow will check later on this site if anyone has got any idieas if im really stuck,

Forum Regular Member

Group Comfort
Level:
: +1

Profile Email    
New Topic Post Reply

First | Previous | 1 2 | Next | Last

All times are ICT. The time is now 07:29 pm.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic w/ New Post Sticky Topic w/ New Post
Locked Topic w/ New Post Locked Topic w/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

Advertising

Poll

How many times have you crashed your motorcycle in the last three years?

•  Never
  •  Once
  •  Twice
  •  Three times
  •  Four times
  •  Five times
  •  More than 6 times
  •  More than 10 times
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 3,414 votes | 13 comments

TMEA MEMBER