By: SutusB25 (offline)  Friday, 22 July 2011 @ 09:00 PM ICT (Read 5308 times)  

Would it be fair to say that Honda will not,in the foreseeable future,bring out a new cruiser as replacement for the now out of production Phantom?

Alan Light

SutusB25

Group Comfort
Level:
: +2

By: news (offline)  Friday, 22 July 2011 @ 09:47 PM ICT  

Officially Honda told it's dealers, two months ago, that it will introduce 13 new two-wheelers until the same day next year...2012. We questioned about everybody we could think of, but as we expected we can expect most of the upcoming models to be in the Honda dominant scooter arena... some will be filling popular upcoming motorcycle trends... and to be honest I have the idea that Honda will not go into a price and spec fight with offerings coming from the Chinese....

Currently two reliable international known companies offer 250cc V-Twin cruisers in Thailand, the first and probably well known is Lifan with its LF250B or Custom V250 as Lifan Thailand likes to call it... the second is the Cruiser 250 distributed by Sym Thailand.

The Lifan LF250-B (Custom V250) costs on the road 78,000 THB and the 250cc cruiser distributed by Sym Thailand costs 92,000 THB. The Lifan LF250B is 100% manufactured in Thailand and the Sym company has it's roots in Taiwan... but we not actual sure that the Cruiser 250 is made there...

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Anonymous: Jeffrey ()  Monday, 25 July 2011 @ 09:28 PM ICT  

13 bike in the next 12 months and the first one is out, How disapointing, I was hoping for a motard on the 250 motor or something unexpected.

What did we get. ? the 30 year old Honda dream with FI. I hope they call this one model and not 2, 1 with disc and 1 with drum

well maybe it can only get better from here, maybe . . .

By: news (offline)  Monday, 25 July 2011 @ 09:39 PM ICT  

Quote by: Jeffrey

13 bike in the next 12 months and the first one is out, How disapointing, I was hoping for a motard on the 250 motor or something unexpected.

What did we get. ? the 30 year old Honda dream with FI. I hope they call this one model and not 2, 1 with disc and 1 with drum

well maybe it can only get better from here, maybe . . .

Good question, officially the meeting in which Honda told the dealers 13 two-wheeled models are coming was after the official launch of the Honda CBR150Ri and the CBR250R – so based on that we could except still 13 models... but this is Thailand anyway 11 new models is also a good amount of new wheels.

And yes I also hope for a Motard/Supermoto style motorcycle, again the engine for the Honda XR230 is supposedly being manufactured in Thailand. The Honda XR230 is a good amount cheaper in Japan compared to the Kawasaki D-Tracker 250.

With models Honda means really models, it regards disc brake and drum brake a variation on the model.

news

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Anonymous: Jeffrey ()  Wednesday, 27 July 2011 @ 08:28 PM ICT  

Sadly, AP Honda reports the "Dream FI" is 2 of the "New" models

ND110K and ND110M (the M is the electric start)

Guess I will be holding on to my Ninja and D tracker a little longer . . .

By: andyc (offline)  Thursday, 28 July 2011 @ 11:17 PM ICT  

Sadly, AP Honda reports the "Dream FI" is 2 of the "New" models

ND110K and ND110M (the M is the electric start)

Guess I will be holding on to my Ninja and D tracker a little longer . . .

Honda i think you need to wise up.There is a big market here in Thailand anybody says about the taxes i know but they need to change the driving license out here bigger bikes and smaller ones.

andyc

Group Comfort
Level:
: +1

By: Anonymous: Jeffrey ()  Friday, 29 July 2011 @ 06:06 PM ICT  

Honda today released another new model !!

NS110R A cost saving entry line 110 cc Honda wave with less graffics and front drum brake
to save cost honda uses black highlights and not chrome

Hope they don't count the "Manchester" foot ball Scoopy as a new model

Maybe next time Honda calls I won't answer

Very underwelmed

By: news (offline)  Friday, 29 July 2011 @ 06:20 PM ICT  

Honda today released another new model !!

NS110R A cost saving entry line 110 cc Honda wave with less graffics and front drum brake
to save cost honda uses black highlights and not chrome

Hope they don't count the "Manchester" foot ball Scoopy as a new model

Maybe next time Honda calls I won't answer

Very underwelmed

You sure it's not the Honda Wave 110i (NS110P), which is the newest and cheapest Honda Wave - the 'R' sounds more like a sporty version and sporty cost mostly extra...

news

Group Comfort
Level:

8 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 134 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association