By: Anonymous: Foreigner ()  Wednesday, 01 June 2011 @ 03:28 PM ICT (Read 2667 times)  

Hi. I'm russian citizen.
This summer I'll come in Thailand.
Can I buy CBR250 into my full property and use it during my living in Thailand without problems?

By: news (offline)  Thursday, 02 June 2011 @ 10:00 AM ICT  

Sure you can buy a motorcycle in Thailand, you only need a real visa in your passport (a visa on arrival doesn't work) and you need a letter from your embassy to state the address you're staying.

To ride a motorcycle in Thailand you need an international drivers license valid for riding a motorcycles. If you're staying longer than 6 months in Thailand you need to get a Thai drivers license, which is not difficult to get, if you already have a international drivers license – it costs 150 THB (if I'm not mistaking).

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Anonymous: guest ()  Thursday, 02 June 2011 @ 11:00 AM ICT  

Technically the law is you need a non immigrant visa, however this law is commonly ignored in many local offices which are a law unto themselves.

However if you run into a stubborn one they can refuse without it.

Tourist areas they are more likely to ignore this, on Phuket I have onwed many vehicles some of them even on a visa less entry stamp.

By: Anonymous: Foreigner ()  Friday, 03 June 2011 @ 10:36 AM ICT  

Quote by: guest

Technically the law is you need a non immigrant visa, however this law is commonly ignored in many local offices which are a law unto themselves.

However if you run into a stubborn one they can refuse without it.

Tourist areas they are more likely to ignore this, on Phuket I have onwed many vehicles some of them even on a visa less entry stamp.

Now I'm not sure, if I'll get non-immigrant visa or not. For example, if I'll get tourist visa for 6 months and I plan to prolong it after, in this case is it possible to buy motobike?

By: Anonymous: Foreigner ()  Friday, 03 June 2011 @ 10:47 AM ICT  

Or, is such case possible: I give money to my thai friend, he buys motobike on his name and gives it to me by proxy?

By: news (offline)  Friday, 03 June 2011 @ 12:24 PM ICT  

Sure buying a motorcycle by using your Thai friend will always work, but you need to trust the Thai friend 100%...

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

6 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 135 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association