By: Anonymous: James ()  Wednesday, 25 May 2011 @ 08:18 AM ICT (Read 2284 times)  

I have an BMW S1000RR. I bought it after reading an article here. I just had to have one after reading the description of the bike.

My question is, I'm going to put an aftermarket slip-on o the S1000RR for a bit of more meat but I'm not sure if I should be getting a Dynojet Power Commander or similar fitted. I know the bike has a fairly high tech ECU and five maps. Would the Power Commander effect traction control and ABS?

By: ThaiDesign (offline)  Wednesday, 25 May 2011 @ 10:45 AM ICT  

It depends on the reduction of back pressure that the new muffler generates and if you leave the stock airfilter in it or not. The easier the engine breathe, the leaner the air fuel ratio will be! There will be no problem if you fit a Power Commander 5 as the ECU will continue to control all functions as normal and will do its job by altering the fuel signal down at the injectors. You will need to have a custom map made by Dynojet's tuning center. Alternatively, your BMW dealer can re-flash the ECU with an alternative program built for Akrapovic race exhaust systems. I have seen it on the dyno and it is a bit too rich in places. However, that's better than being lean.

The on board fuel adjustment is limited to air pressure (altitude), air temperature and engine temperature. It moves the whole fuel map up or down and it can't compensate for a hole generated by changing the parameters of the manufacturer, similar to a muffler or airfilter.

ThaiDesign

Group Comfort
Level:
: +30

By: Anonymous: POK ()  Saturday, 28 May 2011 @ 05:58 PM ICT  

Actually AKrapovic produces exhaust for oem bike so you no need to tune anything after you put Akrapovic but if you prefer to put. you can buy power commander and tune by yourself and just follow instruction of powercommander and use your laptop with cd that come together with powercommander package. donwload map from dynojet.com

3 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 135 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association