By: Anonymous: day ()  Wednesday, 30 March 2011 @ 07:41 AM ICT (Read 7054 times)  

Hi all, just wondered if anyone out there can offer advise on which automatic scooter is the best value at the moment, i want a low fuel consumpsion bike and it needs to be automatic those are my only 2 musts everything else i am open to advise on. (my house to work is only 7km) any advise would be very helpful as where i live the dealers do not speak English and i am struggeling to get a recomendation.

thanks in advance.
Day

By: news (offline)  Wednesday, 30 March 2011 @ 08:50 AM ICT  

Quote by: day

Hi all, just wondered if anyone out there can offer advise on which automatic scooter is the best value at the moment, i want a low fuel consumpsion bike and it needs to be automatic those are my only 2 musts everything else i am open to advise on. (my house to work is only 7km) any advise would be very helpful as where i live the dealers do not speak English and i am struggeling to get a recomendation.

thanks in advance.
Day

If fuel-economics is something you think about, than you best god for a Honda Wave 110i. The Honda Wave is a semi-automatic, which means it has 4-gears without a clutch – basically very simple to change gear, you put it in gear and open the throttle, and if you want to switch to higher gear you close the throttle gear-up and open the throttle again.

In all situations a transmission motorcycle will outperform a automatic if it comes to fuel-economics, also performance is more direct, so if you ride in the mountains or riding on a dirt road a motorcycle with transmission is probably the better choice.

Second thing to look for is electronic fuel-injection, motorcycles/scooters equipped with a fuel-injection system are more fuel-efficient. Also EFI motorcycles/scooters can better handle new fuels like gasohol, E20 or E85.

And as last advice, which dealer from which brand is the closest to you – Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, Tiger, Sym or Lifan – the most important is the distance to your service center... every meter more to your dealer is to much if your motorcycle/scooter has problems.

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Anonymous: Jeffrey ()  Wednesday, 30 March 2011 @ 11:14 AM ICT  

Honda wave 110 that are semi automatics, no clutuch but foot shift, are rated at 57 kpl (roughly 134 mpg) and can do 100 kph easy 2 up and start about 38,000 Bt
The Honda PCX 125 is more costly but larger in size and has a large underseat storage area is rated at 50kpl (118mpg) I have been getting this on my bike and it will go 2 up with no problems. I have even taken mine on the ocational week long rides across country. But it is priced higher at 72,000 Bt, The Honda Click and Scoopy is rated at 48 klp but are less costly starting at about 46,000 and are fully automatic but less top speed. A realistic 90kph is about all it's got. I did buy a 2010 Yamaha Mio 125 water cooler and was very disapointed with it's dismal 35 Kpl and top speed of 88 kph. The dealer says this is normal. My 4 year old Suziki step I bought second had does well over 100 kph and gets mid 40's kpl. I got mine used for about 15,000 Bt. but have seen new ones, a year or so old still at dealers for 36,000 Bt.

Are you only using this to commute to work ?
How big are you ?
Will it also double as a grocery getter ???

By: Anonymous: Day ()  Wednesday, 30 March 2011 @ 08:26 PM ICT  

Thanks for replying,

yeah i will only be using to go to work really ( the wife will prob use to go to the market thats 200meters from our front door but hey she is Thai so thats expected right??) i have a pickup truck but dont really want to use that (unless it rains). I also got a honda wave semi auto as someone suggested but the daughter uses that to go to college.
i think the wave is ok but i just fancy a rev and go bike this time so when i stop at the bar at the end of my street on the way home from work and have a few drinks changing gears is one less thing to worry about. Smile

Thanks Again
Day.Scoot-On

By: Anonymous: MeAgain ()  Saturday, 02 April 2011 @ 11:29 AM ICT  

The Wave 110i AT rated at 53kpl. Full auto but has a chain. Top speed is about 100kph but it accelerates not bad.

Suzuki Hayate. Full Auto 125cc EFi. Dont know speed or mileage.

Yamaha Nouvo is full auto but still has carb and can be difficult to start cold.

By: Anonymous: Anonymus ()  Saturday, 02 April 2011 @ 05:17 PM ICT  

I bought the Suzuki Hayate 2011-Model and I'm very happy with it.
The speed is more than 110 km/h and for 100 km it takes 1.9 liter E10 Gasohol. With the red 91 Benzine it takes round about 1.8 liter for 100 km.

By: Anonymous: lensabiru ()  Monday, 11 April 2011 @ 11:39 AM ICT  

hai...im scooter fan.. just want asking..how much cost for buy YAMAHA Fino and bring to malaysia???that fino very cute one...

By: Anonymous: Goat Rider ()  Monday, 11 April 2011 @ 12:49 PM ICT  

Yamaha Fiore, probably your wive will like it, too! :-)

8 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 135 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association