By: Anonymous: CMX ()  Saturday, 26 February 2011 @ 01:41 PM ICT (Read 4932 times)  

Chaos theory mixed with romantic nonsense. In its context, this means I don't have to follow the laws, but if I kill someone as part of my free choice, catch me if you can and make me accountable then, after the damage is done.

I say, take the bike and put the drunk or speeder or reckless driver in jail until it is maddening before exporting the lawbreaker back to where it came from and where laws will justly do the same.

Some of the postings here where originally posted as comments for article Motorcycling It's All About Freedom

By: Anonymous: Chang Noi ()  Saturday, 26 February 2011 @ 01:42 PM ICT  

I think my freedom goes as far as it does NOT potentially harms other people.
So if I want to ride without a helmet ....up2me
But if I want to drive drunk or at high speed in a city .... not up2me.

Chang Noi

By: Anonymous: cnx ()  Saturday, 26 February 2011 @ 10:11 PM ICT  

Not riding without a helmet could make me a vegetable. Who pays to care for the turnip? Society has a say.

Apparently, speed limits in the countryside are silly. No they're not. Anything could be over the hill or around the corner, including people. If bikers and rules don't go together, such bikers deserve the worst - before their accident.

Our problem, no question, is balancing freedom against harm to others.

By: kickstand (offline)  Monday, 07 March 2011 @ 01:25 PM ICT  

Where is Street Bikers United, Thailand?

kickstand

Group Comfort
Level:
: 0

By: Anonymous: Adair ()  Tuesday, 08 March 2011 @ 12:39 PM ICT  

Should you be forced to wear a motorcycle helmet. My answer is a resounding NO!. That is, categorically no! My reasons are expressed in an old Betzy Smith song 'Ain't Nobody's Business.' and in a song from Jimi Hendrix anthem called, 'If 6 Was 9.' Probably, more relevant is the definition of the word 'freedom,' as in 'Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness.'

By: Anonymous: Giles. ()  Tuesday, 08 March 2011 @ 03:07 PM ICT  

Fredom to do as you please, unless you cause hurt or suffering to others.

If you should have an accident with another, and because you are not wearing a helmet your brains are splattered all over the road, I think this would cause undue suffering to the driver, any witnesses, and of course any loved ones. While they will all aknowledge you were a fool, that will not ease the trauma.

Freedom is not an excuse for selfishness.

By: Anonymous: cafelovr ()  Friday, 11 March 2011 @ 03:09 PM ICT  

What's up everyone. I'm new here and just wanted to chime in on a thought provoking topic ;-)

The road is OURS to SHARE. Do what you want but BE MINDFUL of others.

I am from America and I've lived in Thailand for three years. I agree,the most part, with what's been written. The same issues face responsible motorists on American roads. Thought only in Thailand have I seen motorcycles cruising on the sidewalk ;-)
Whenever you combine people, motorcycles, helmets, laws and/or, alcohol there are bound to be problems. All of these material luxuries are ours to purchase if we choose to. One thing we cannot buy is "common sense" and that tells me to be a responsible rider, but that is a choice I made. I choose to wear a helmet whenever I ride. Sometimes it is not what you CHOOSE to do but what NOT to do. I choose to drink nam khao but I choose not to drive if I do drink ;-) With that said, no civilian can make or will anyone do anything that he or she doesn't want to do. Choosing to "do" or "not" is entirely up to the individual.

Please be a responsible rider. Think twice you might save a life ;-)

HA44Y TRAILS,

cafelovr
(SRX 400)

By: kickstand (offline)  Sunday, 13 March 2011 @ 04:25 AM ICT  

What are the affects of heat on the head do to the helmet? Fever hallucinations?

How does a helmet impede visibility, neck flexibility and sounds?

How many brains are scattered on the pavement even with a helmet?

How many people die from back and lung injuries from lack of protection?

Forcing helmets is a decision for thinking people, not for emotional nut-cases.

How many people die in car crashes?

Though the damage of a mishap is gruesome in motorcycling, what about auto crashes?

Where is Street Bikers United? They have the strength of membership to cull the nonsense of hysteria.

kickstand

Group Comfort
Level:
: 0

8 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 135 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association