By: Anonymous: Paul ()  Friday, 25 February 2011 @ 06:01 AM ICT (Read 4460 times)  

For my Kawasaki ER6N, I need a replacement seat for a 2009 ER6N any offers around please?

See also the Classified Posting Kawasaki ER6N Seat Request

By: news (offline)  Friday, 25 February 2011 @ 07:20 AM ICT  

I believe that Kawasaki Thailand has the ER6N seat (Kawasaki part number 53003-0128-MA ) available and in stock, but with a retail price of 6,100 THB you maybe want to look for alternatives.

CheapCycleParts, one of our sponsors has the same Kawasaki ER6N seat available for US$ 43 (which is about 1.312 THB.) even with the highest import duty you would pay around 2,300 THB (probably less). You can buy, look the product here Kawasaki ER6N Black Seat

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Richard (offline)  Friday, 25 February 2011 @ 08:04 AM ICT  

I never needed to buy a new seat for any motorcycle, the old seat was always repairable or recoverable. In Bangkok, and surely in other towns in Thailand, you have shops who are specialized in creating customized seats for motorcycles.

Sure, they probably not work often on big bike seats, but the technique behind it is not different. Once I had a seat which was destroyed completely, you could not have seen that it was a Ducati seat. 3 of my cats used it as a scratch pad for a weekend, and even large amounts of foam where gone. With the help of a few pictures and the old seat, one of this motorcycle seat shops in Suthisarn Road (Bangkok) was able to make it look like new... even better – he added some red color vinyl and it looked really good.

When I sold the motorcycle last year I even got compliments about the special seat... It did cost me in total 250 THB and an afternoon... it was well worth it (and I still love my cats, all they not allowed in the garage anymore).

Richard

Group Comfort
Level:
: +10

By: news (offline)  Friday, 25 February 2011 @ 08:09 AM ICT  

Quote by: Richard

I never needed to buy a new seat for any motorcycle, the old seat was always repairable or recoverable. In Bangkok, and surely in other towns in Thailand, you have shops who are specialized in creating customized seats for motorcycles.

Sure, they probably not work often on big bike seats, but the technique behind it is not different. Once I had a seat which was destroyed completely, you could not have seen that it was a Ducati seat. 3 of my cats used it as a scratch pad for a weekend, and even large amounts of foam where gone. With the help of a few pictures and the old seat, one of this motorcycle seat shops in Suthisarn Road (Bangkok) was able to make it look like new... even better – he added some red color vinyl and it looked really good.

When I sold the motorcycle last year I even got compliments about the special seat... It did cost me in total 250 THB and an afternoon... it was well worth it (and I still love my cats, all they not allowed in the garage anymore).

We also have an article about how-to re-covering your motorcycle seat, just in case you feel ready for a new challenge. Re-Cover your Motorcycle Seat

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Matty (offline)  Friday, 25 February 2011 @ 04:45 PM ICT  

Hi all,
the above posts are all true,
As long as the base of the seat is still ok, ( they are usually made of steel, plastic or fibreglass ) You can go to an upholsterers shop who will be able to re-cover the seat with new vinyl and should also be able to add extra foam or even take some out if you would like a slightly lower seat.
There are plenty of shops around who can do this, but if you cant find one just ask a motorbike shop or motorbike accessory shop, they should be able to point you in the right direction.
cheers
Matt..

Matty

Group Comfort
Level:
: +2

5 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 135 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association