10 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Richard (offline)  Friday, 18 February 2011 @ 12:55 PM ICT (Read 18316 times)  

Lifan showed some nice looking motorcycles on the Chinese motorcycle show. If we look back on how long the Lifan LF250-19 toke from concept to production model we cannot stop wondering how long Lifan will wait to start impress us with models like... they showed at the Chinese motor show...

Click on image to openClick on image to open

Richard

Group Comfort
Level:
: +10

By: Anonymous: Franco ()  Friday, 18 February 2011 @ 02:38 PM ICT  

Nice set of wheels what is the engine size?

By: Anonymous: kaiser ()  Friday, 18 February 2011 @ 06:06 PM ICT  

It's a 250cc, If one day, this motorcycle is available in Thailand, i buy it, for sure, I sale all bike I have for this beauty

By: Richard (offline)  Friday, 18 February 2011 @ 06:37 PM ICT  

Quote by: kaiser

It's a 250cc, If one day, this motorcycle is available in Thailand, i buy it, for sure, I sale all bike I have for this beauty

I have the idea that it's a 400cc with liquid-cooling and fuel-injection. The engine size doesn't really say anything now-a-day... but a 250cc with dual front disc brakes is maybe a bit overkill...

But still the bike looks very sharp...

Richard

Group Comfort
Level:
: +10

By: Anonymous: kaiser ()  Saturday, 19 February 2011 @ 12:07 AM ICT  

Lifan give code name with the power of the motorcycle... LF250-B, LF200 GY5...

This one it's : LF250-19, so if it was a 400cc (hope they can do it, but for thailand it will up the price of 30.000 bahts),
they will call the bike LF400-19, don't you think ?

By: Anonymous: Wantan ()  Friday, 08 June 2012 @ 11:40 PM ICT  

Are there any news about the Lifan LF250GY-2 (Cossack 250) or other new models Lifan is offering?

I saw pictures of a motard version of the Cross200. But it didn't look exactly like the Cross200 with street tires. There were some differences, e.g. the rear rack was missing on the motard version, different exhaust, ...
Is the motard a different model? What model number does it have, so i can google it?

Anyone knows? Thanks

By: news (offline)  Saturday, 09 June 2012 @ 09:58 AM ICT  

We have one Lifan LF250GY-7, which is a liquid-cooled supermotard style 250cc motorcycle, it’s possible that you seen that one as one of our warehouse workers does sometimes small downtown Bangkok deliveries on it.

But I not think that Lifan (Thailand) will soon bring that model on the Thai market, some rumors that the Thai Lifan factory is not trusted enough to produce liquid-cooled engines… Also, the Lifan LF250GY-7, with all its standard aftermarket accessories (mostly suspension) would maybe too costly to be considered a Kawasaki or Honda alternative.

On the other hand, the Lifan LF250GY-2, which is based on a 250cc air-cooled engine would probably fit perfect in the Thai motorcycle market. Currently Lifan is focusing its attention for the LF250GY-2 to the South-American market. And I expect that the next region of attention is South-East Asia.

The Lifan LF250GY-2 will not be that more expensive than the current LF200GY-5, but for the exact pricing we have to wait what Lifan Thailand decide. The second picture attached is the Lifan LF250GY-2 (Cossack 250).

The Lifan LF250GY-7
Click on image to open

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Anonymous: Wantan ()  Sunday, 10 June 2012 @ 12:19 AM ICT  

Thanks for the quick respond.

This was the bike i meant with "motard version of the Cross200":
Click on image to openClick on image to openClick on image to openClick on image to openClick on image to open

It is named "Lifan X-plore 200 M". But i can't find any more information about it. Looks really nice. It seems to be based on the Cross200, but there are some differences, exhaust, enging side covers, missing rear rack ...

Is this bike officially available? Why does Lifan not put it on their website then? Seems to be a nice bike Smile

By: news (offline)  Sunday, 10 June 2012 @ 08:03 AM ICT  

I can understand why this model has slipped by our attention, as it’s still called a LF200GY-5A. So coming Monday we will contact Lifan to get all the information available about this model.

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Anonymous: Rabbit ()  Sunday, 10 June 2012 @ 12:00 PM ICT  

One thing the Duro "all-round" road tires on the Lifan X-Plore 200M are a better choice than the IRC tires on the Kawasaki D-tracker 250.Dirt Road

10 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 134 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association