29 posts :: Page 2 of 2
By: andyc (offline)  Saturday, 30 July 2011 @ 07:09 PM ICT  

Quote by: Haks

My PCX is about 3 weeks old. After 200KM's, scraping noise started from around V-Belt. Only does it at slow speed (10KM or so) over light bumps on the road. Honda wanted to open and inspect the V-belt. After 2 days, they said they fixed the problem. Same evening after picked up my motorbike driving home, again the same problem. When i told the mechanic, he can not believe, they think i am just fussy. But he believes now. Now they want to open again. If they can not find the fault, they are going to call a Team from their head office in BKK. My beautiful motorbike becoming a test product. Maybe the first one with this problem. But they will not give me a new one. I am not happy but have to wait what happens in January.

thats what im getting now as well honda think im flang and i dont know as much as them,When 10kilo or slower noises behind where i sit.Maybe i dont know a lot but me hearing is good.Unluck Honda.Im not one of those customers who buys something and find a fault with everything,this is only new product i had problems with suppose payback time now

andyc

Group Comfort
Level:
: +1

By: Anonymous: Haks ()  Sunday, 31 July 2011 @ 01:58 AM ICT  

thats what im getting now as well honda think im flang and i dont know as much as them,When 10kilo or slower noises behind where i sit.Maybe i dont know a lot but me hearing is good.Unluck Honda.Im not one of those customers who buys something and find a fault with everything,this is only new product i had problems with suppose payback time now

I couldn't describe the noise to Honda mechanic, so i've decided to record it. If you have a MP3 player with recorder, tie it somewhere near the gearbox, start recording and take your PCX for a little drive. Take the recorder to your dealer and let the mechanic listen to it.

By: andyc (offline)  Sunday, 31 July 2011 @ 10:14 AM ICT  

I couldn't describe the noise to Honda mechanic, so i've decided to record it. If you have a MP3 player with recorder, tie it somewhere near the gearbox, start recording and take your PCX for a little drive. Take the recorder to your dealer and let the mechanic listen to it.

Thanks i give that one a go.But it is loud im sure they will hear it.

andyc

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Anonymous: Raju Ashar ()  Monday, 20 February 2012 @ 06:42 PM ICT  

My PCX is about 3 weeks old. After 200KM's, scraping noise started from around V-Belt. Only does it at slow speed (10KM or so) over light bumps on the road. Honda wanted to open and inspect the V-belt. After 2 days, they said they fixed the problem. Same evening after picked up my motorbike driving home, again the same problem. When i told the mechanic, he can not believe, they think i am just fussy. But he believes now. Now they want to open again. If they can not find the fault, they are going to call a Team from their head office in BKK. My beautiful motorbike becoming a test product. Maybe the first one with this problem. But they will not give me a new one. I am not happy but have to wait what happens in January.

The problem is with rear cushion.

I purchase a new PCX in August 2011, and am facing the same problem. The noise and vibration of footboard comes at 30 kmph.

No engineers at dealers understand the problem. 1 engineer from Thai Honda understood, coz he faces the same problem with his PCX. He explained that since the rear cushion has no Rubber bushings, sometimes its a problem. This is the design of PCX.

Thai Honda took my bike 3 times (15 days each) and every time returned with fault. They cannot solve the problem.
Its like that my PCX is a test product, and they ask me to Test every time they repair - they are not confident that the problem is gone.

Regards,
Raju
08710 28725

By: ThaiDesign (offline)  Monday, 20 February 2012 @ 06:56 PM ICT  

The problem is with rear cushion.

I purchase a new PCX in August 2011, and am facing the same problem. The noise and vibration of footboard comes at 30 kmph.

No engineers at dealers understand the problem. 1 engineer from Thai Honda understood, coz he faces the same problem with his PCX. He explained that since the rear cushion has no Rubber bushings, sometimes its a problem. This is the design of PCX.

Thai Honda took my bike 3 times (15 days each) and every time returned with fault. They cannot solve the problem.
Its like that my PCX is a test product, and they ask me to Test every time they repair - they are not confident that the problem is gone.

Regards,
Raju
08710 28725[/p]

What you say can almost be explained as a design flaw. I hope Honda find a solution quickly, as this can get nasty for Honda.

ThaiDesign

Group Comfort
Level:
: +30

By: Flying Squirrel (offline)  Tuesday, 21 February 2012 @ 08:38 AM ICT  

Can you explain this "rear cushion?

Is it the thing you sit on or the rear suspension?

Some of us may like to understand what is going on. Rattles and shakes come from vibration. Either from the road or from some out of balance with a rotating assembly. Sometimes there is more than one and they for a harmonic which makes the vibration increase. It sounds like a car where there is a rattle in the dashboard that cannot be identified.

At 30 kph? Do you ride the bike hard or softly? I can't believe that anyone rides at 30 kph. Is it the speed or the engine rpm associated with 30 kph? Is it during acceleration or on deceleration? Why because the belt behaves differently during each. If you put the bike on the stand and run at 30 kph does it get better or worse.

Flying Squirrel

Group Comfort
Level:
: +6

By: andyc (offline)  Tuesday, 21 February 2012 @ 11:46 AM ICT  

Quote by: Flying Squirrel

Can you explain this "rear cushion?

Is it the thing you sit on or the rear suspension?

Some of us may like to understand what is going on. Rattles and shakes come from vibration. Either from the road or from some out of balance with a rotating assembly. Sometimes there is more than one and they for a harmonic which makes the vibration increase. It sounds like a car where there is a rattle in the dashboard that cannot be identified.

At 30 kph? Do you ride the bike hard or softly? I can't believe that anyone rides at 30 kph. Is it the speed or the engine rpm associated with 30 kph? Is it during acceleration or on deceleration? Why because the belt behaves differently during each. If you put the bike on the stand and run at 30 kph does it get better or worse.

Flying Squirrel,with my pcx it happens when slowing down and picking up the speed to 30kph as my roads near my village are like a war zone i have to travel at that speed and the noise is quite loud,by the last reply the cushion you sit on doesnt make a noise,i have just learnt to live with the noise,to me its like a belt noise but its all been checked everything ok there,the suspension to me doesnt make the noise,dont think anybody really knows so i just get on with it now,i put it on the main stand and started it but you cannot hear the noise then at the speed of 30kph,

andyc

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Flying Squirrel (offline)  Tuesday, 21 February 2012 @ 01:19 PM ICT  

Sounds like it is the belt flapping around or the weights rattling in the variator. For 600-ish baht plus 200 baht labour I would try a new belt.
I'll send you a PM.

Flying Squirrel

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Anonymous: Raju Ashar ()  Thursday, 19 April 2012 @ 03:39 PM ICT  

What you say can almost be explained as a design flaw. I hope Honda find a solution quickly, as this can get nasty for Honda.

Now Honda says this is standard.
It is not accpetable to me.

This week, I am filing a complaint to "The Office of the Consumer Protection Board" in Lak Si, Bangkok.

Lets hope this flaw gets open in front of the World.

Regards,
Raju

By: Anonymous: Raju Ashar ()  Thursday, 19 April 2012 @ 03:45 PM ICT  

You take the Bike at around 40 to 50 kmph on a smooth surface. No need to speed up.

Now Accellerator to "0".

Let the bike decelerate. DO NOT APPLY THE BRAKES.

At around 30, the engine try to get free from the Belt, at this moment, the Rear Cushion sends the Vibration in the Chasis / Foot Board and makes noise like metal is scraping.

If 2 people rides, this does not happen
Further if you are riding alone, and apply the brakes, this will not happen.

I am riding bike for more than 20 years, and very safe driver. I like to keep the vehicles I drive at ease, read the engines and accordingly ride them.
No way that I wil ever strain the engines, be it mone or rented Vehicles.

Regards,
Raju

By: Flying Squirrel (offline)  Thursday, 19 April 2012 @ 03:51 PM ICT  

Raju,

Sorry maybe you explained this before what do you mean by the rear cushion? The seat or something else?

Flying Squirrel

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Anonymous: Raju Ashar ()  Thursday, 19 April 2012 @ 04:06 PM ICT  

Sorry Flying Squirrel,

I mean the rear Shock Absorber.

There are no rubber bushings where the Shock Absorber gets fitted to the Body, thats where the problem is.

Even after changing the Shock Absorber twice, the problem remains.

New Problem.
What has happened, that Honda replaced the Transmission unit initially, now when the Bike is cold, I get a very shaky pick-up for the initial 10 min.
This happens till the engine / transmission gets heated.
However, the smoothness that was there has totally died.

Regards,
Raju

By: Flying Squirrel (offline)  Thursday, 19 April 2012 @ 04:18 PM ICT  

I see what you mean where the shock attaches to the transmission casing there is also no bushing.

Do you know? Did they replace the front part of the transmission, the variator, or the rear part the clutch?

Flying Squirrel

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Anonymous: Raju ()  Wednesday, 13 November 2013 @ 01:52 PM ICT  

Hi All,

The left shock absorber was changed from 21A something to 28A (Not the size, but the part number on the shock).

After that, the noise just vanished.
also, Honda changed the same under warranty even after 2 years.

Regards,
Raju

29 posts :: Page 2 of 2
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 172 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association