By: Anonymous: Michael ()  Thursday, 28 October 2010 @ 01:35 PM ICT (Read 5379 times)  

Hi everyone,

I'm looking into buying the Honda PCX 2011 in Phuket. I called the honda hotline and some of the garages on the island, passing a Thai person to ask them on the phone but they don't know when the 'new' model will come out.

My question is, is the model which is currently being sold in Thailand/Phuket the 2011 model or when did this Honda PCX which is available in Thailand come out? When will the new model come out?

Basically I don't want to buy it and find out a month later that next years' model is coming out...

thank you and best,
mike.

By: news (offline)  Thursday, 28 October 2010 @ 02:01 PM ICT  

Quote by: Michael

Hi everyone,

I'm looking into buying the Honda PCX 2011 in Phuket. I called the honda hotline and some of the garages on the island, passing a Thai person to ask them on the phone but they don't know when the 'new' model will come out.

My question is, is the model which is currently being sold in Thailand/Phuket the 2011 model or when did this Honda PCX which is available in Thailand come out? When will the new model come out?

Basically I don't want to buy it and find out a month later that next years' model is coming out...

thank you and best,
mike.

A new Honda PCX scooter will likely come available in 3rd quarter of 2012, and then it's likely only different color paint job. In between, Honda maybe bring on the market some special models that will not be technically different than the original (I think about the Black and Orange Honda AirBlade-i, which was only a special paint job for a limited amount of models).

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Anonymous: FX PCX ()  Friday, 29 October 2010 @ 10:56 AM ICT  

Quote by: news

Quote by: Michael

Hi everyone,

thank you and best,
mike.

A new Honda PCX scooter will likely come available in 3rd quarter of 2012, and then it's likely only different color paint job. In between, Honda maybe bring on the market some special models that will not be technically different than the original (I think about the Black and Orange Honda AirBlade-i, which was only a special paint job for a limited amount of models).

I am also waiting to buy a Honda PCX 2011 model. Not because I expect some technical changes, but as a 2011 model will have a slightly higher resale value. Based on experience from the car market, it will be difficult if not impossible, to find any information about when the 2011 model will be available, and if there will be any changes or new colours. Only the serviceminded sellers care to help you, and a serviceminded seller can be really hard to find in Thailand? Guess that I will just have to wait a month or two, so that the first registration date will be in 2011.

One could hope that they will offer black seats and garnish on 2011 models, instead of the brown colour offered now. The brown colour does definitely not look good on the silver or bronze bikes. Bikes produced in Thailand with black seat and garnish are already being sold in the US market, just as a PCX bike in a sexy red colour, which would also not look good with a brown seat and garnish.

By: Flying Squirrel (offline)  Sunday, 31 October 2010 @ 02:07 PM ICT  

I think here in Thailand the owner of the bike, the mileage, the condition of the bike and the service records will influence the value of the bike more than the year of registration. But I've been wrong before!

Flying Squirrel

Group Comfort
Level:
: +6

4 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 134 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association