19 posts :: Page 1 of 2
By: Anonymous: ReGGae ()  Wednesday, 27 October 2010 @ 09:49 AM ICT (Read 12335 times)  

...of what bike o buy.

Ive been around to 5 honda dealers in phuket now askin about the new CBR...but no1 knows anything and says "maby december".... I think the CBR would be my best shot because of the price, but the Ninja 250R look so sexy. What more choices have i got? This will be my first manual bike ever, is the ninja a good learn-how-to-ride-big-bikes-BIKE ?

Ive tried some second hand honda CBR's the past few days , but all of them see to have some problems... And because its my first bike i want everything to work properly.

By: taichiplanet (offline)  Wednesday, 27 October 2010 @ 10:38 AM ICT  

Depends on the type of riding you wan to do. The CBR150 will be great for around town and short country bursts, the Ninja 250 is more high revving and suited to medium range riding but okay around town.

Wait until next week, hopefully there will be news about a Honda 250, and probably the official release of the CBR150 this weekend. So dealers will know more then. It seems to be the case in Thailand where dealers know less about releases than us punters.; then all of a sudden they catch up!

Also it is still unclear of what the performance of the injected CBR150 is; probably not as fast as the carbie version but a lot nicer ride with the longer wheelbase.

Although there are many different cultures, races and religions in the world, there are only 3 types of people; those that squeeze every last drop out of a toothpaste tube, those that don’t and those that think they do.

taichiplanet

Group Comfort
Level:
: +4

By: news (offline)  Wednesday, 27 October 2010 @ 10:52 AM ICT  

Quote by: ReGGae

...of what bike o buy.

Ive been around to 5 honda dealers in phuket now askin about the new CBR...but no1 knows anything and says "maby december".... I think the CBR would be my best shot because of the price, but the Ninja 250R look so sexy. What more choices have i got? This will be my first manual bike ever, is the ninja a good learn-how-to-ride-big-bikes-BIKE ?

Ive tried some second hand honda CBR's the past few days , but all of them see to have some problems... And because its my first bike i want everything to work properly.

Finding a perfect secondhand Honda CBR150R will maybe impossible, but just look for the next best thing. A kid in my street bought a secondhand Honda CBR150R for 25,000 Baht and he spend about 15,000 Baht on repairs. Did some spray painting himself...

And his Honda CBR150R looks like it just came of the Samut Prakan production line, very impressive. And a total of 40,000 Baht he has a perfect Honda CBR150 with an completely re-builded engine, fresh paint-job (spray painted the whole bike with spray can paint....). Sure he also used a good amount of elbow crease to get the CBR150R back on the road in full blink... but it's surely worth the time and money.

The new Honda CBR150R with fuel injection will cost 76,000 Baht, and will be available from Honda dealers nationwide not earlier than the first week of November (2010).

The Kawasaki Ninja 250R cost 150,000 Baht and we should not expect Honda to introduce anything cheaper than that. If Honda is going to introduce anything comparable to the Kawasaki Ninja 250R, we can expect it to be more technological advanced and smarter styling.

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Anonymous: Jeffrey ()  Wednesday, 27 October 2010 @ 01:59 PM ICT  

You really did not say much about you and where and what kind of riding you do. I persoanlly have both the CBR150 and Kawasaki Ninja 250 as well as about a dozen other bikes.
My CBR 150 is easy to service, youcan find many used ones around starting about 25,000 Bt and mint low kms units for around 40,000 Bt. There are may aftermarket parts for them, and I have played with the final gearing some on mine. I am big and have taken mine 1 up or 2 up all over Thailand. ALL OVER. it keeps up or slightly ahead of any traffic except the most craziest of fools on the road. I never get below 100 mpg 42Kpl. Usually on the road not flooging it, I get 125 mpg. It is easy to split lanes in the city and carry a bag or two when needed on the mirror's to get my dinner home. I have never had a proble getting service done on it anywhere in Thailand, even the most remost little village.

The Kawasaki Ninja is another bike altogether. First more costly, New is about 150,000 Bt. out the door and used are few and far betweeen at a slight discount. Service usually can only be done at a Kawasaki big bike shop and they too are only in the bigger cities and only 1 in each at that (except BKK) Parts are harder to find and more expensive too. As for aftermarket parts, a few are there, but harder to seek out and less choice avalable. The bike is bigger and heavier. Fuel milage is down. 60 - 70(mpg) is the best I have done. The bike is harder to ride in heavy traffic and much harder to find parking where it fits or is not messed with. On the open road it is fun with more power and wonderful handling. This bike too I have taken all over.

So it gets down to you. What kind of riding do you do ? Where is most of your riding ? What is your budget and what is your experience ? I am locky to have both and more, however if I had to only have 1 bike, The CBR 150 is probably the better all around bike and I do 70% of my miles around town and to and from work.

By: taichiplanet (offline)  Wednesday, 27 October 2010 @ 02:05 PM ICT  

According to APe Honda news www.aphonda.co.th/2010/2010_page183.asp?id=2339 (run it through google translator) the bike will be available from 10th November. If you are in the first 1,00 to order you get a free shirt or jacket! Coupons for free oil change, wash. There is also a Platinum Roadside package.

They are aiming to sell 10,000 a year. It seems the bike will be available for test rides this weekend at the Honda Big Fun Fest.

Although there are many different cultures, races and religions in the world, there are only 3 types of people; those that squeeze every last drop out of a toothpaste tube, those that don’t and those that think they do.

taichiplanet

Group Comfort
Level:

By: taichiplanet (offline)  Wednesday, 27 October 2010 @ 02:21 PM ICT  

CBR150i

Click on image to openClick on image to open

taichiplanet

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Anonymous: ReGGae ()  Wednesday, 27 October 2010 @ 04:10 PM ICT  

Quote by: Jeffrey

So it gets down to you. What kind of riding do you do ? Where is most of your riding ? What is your budget and what is your experience ? I am locky to have both and more, however if I had to only have 1 bike, The CBR 150 is probably the better all around bike and I do 70% of my miles around town and to and from work.

Im not lookin for a "practical" bike, i will use it on the open roads for longer and shorter trips around phuket, or just take it out for the fun of it. Sure i will prob drive the bike in rush hour traffic in patong/phuket town but not very often.
I live in a small place where i have walking distance to everything , and if i dont feel like walking i have a scooter to use.

My budget is 150.000k (the price of the ninja). Maby il buy it and if i dont like it for some reason il sell it and take the money loss. I will still have the cash for the new CBR.

By: Anonymous: ReGGae ()  Wednesday, 27 October 2010 @ 05:13 PM ICT  

Quote by: taichiplanet

According to APe Honda news http://www.aphonda.co.th/2010/2010_page183.asp?id=2339 (run it through google translator) the bike will be available from 10th November. If you are in the first 1,00 to order you get a free shirt or jacket! Coupons for free oil change, wash. There is also a Platinum Roadside package.

They are aiming to sell 10,000 a year. It seems the bike will be available for test rides this weekend at the Honda Big Fun Fest.

I think the new CBR would be optimal for me, u think they will actually be in the showrooms in mid november? i cant really wait untill december.

By: news (offline)  Wednesday, 27 October 2010 @ 05:29 PM ICT  

From all motorcycle manufacturers in Thailand, maybe around the world, Honda has the most smooth and fastest distribution network.

So if you order your Honda CBR150R at the moment it officially becomes available, you will not have any problems.Honda CBR

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: taichiplanet (offline)  Wednesday, 27 October 2010 @ 05:31 PM ICT  

Its anyone's guess when the CBR will be delivered; maybe APe Honda have got their act together and had the production running for the last month to supply the anticipated demand. I guess that after the big show this weekend in Bkk that everyone will have better info.

Maybe you could rent a Ninja for a day and see if you like it. The CBR is a single cylinder and will vibrate a little more than the Ninja twin engine at higher speeds. Really depends on how fast you wanna go!

taichiplanet

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Anonymous: Jeffrey ()  Friday, 29 October 2010 @ 10:04 AM ICT  

And now let's toss in the new CBR 250 at around 100,000 Bt. Slightly less power than the Ninja and more than the CBR150

By: Anonymous: ReGGae ()  Friday, 29 October 2010 @ 01:42 PM ICT  

Quote by: Jeffrey

And now let's toss in the new CBR 250 at around 100,000 Bt. Slightly less power than the Ninja and more than the CBR150

I was in a honda shop in patong today talking about the new model, and left my number, she said she was goin to bangkok over the weekend for the event so hopefully i can put an order when she is back.

I think the ninja is a bit to costly for me, so now the choice is between the CBR150 and 250 hmm...

By: taichiplanet (offline)  Friday, 29 October 2010 @ 06:50 PM ICT  

The CBR250R is 30 kgs heavier than the CBR150Ri. But for me the C-ABS option is the clincher.

The 150 and 250 will be different bikes. Again it depends on what you want. The CBR150 (at least the old one) was a brilliant little bike for flying around town; squeezing through traffic and getting ahead of the pack when traffic lights go green. The 250 will be a little nimble through town but better on open roads.

Too many times in Thailand you will need the ABS, and it will save you. An extra THB 15k over the standard 250 and an extra THB 39k over the CBR150i. What's saving a broken arm or a skin graft or brain damage worth to you? Earlier you said your budget was 150k, the CBR 250 is well within this.

Ohhh, don't forget to allow an extra THB 6-8k for decent tyres. I'm guessing the new CBRs will have plastic tyres on them (as did the older CBR150 and the Ninja 250), not rubber ones! Peace

taichiplanet

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Anonymous: ReGGae ()  Sunday, 31 October 2010 @ 03:11 PM ICT  

Quote by: taichiplanet

The CBR250R is 30 kgs heavier than the CBR150Ri. But for me the C-ABS option is the clincher.

The 150 and 250 will be different bikes. Again it depends on what you want. The CBR150 (at least the old one) was a brilliant little bike for flying around town; squeezing through traffic and getting ahead of the pack when traffic lights go green. The 250 will be a little nimble through town but better on open roads.

Too many times in Thailand you will need the ABS, and it will save you. An extra THB 15k over the standard 250 and an extra THB 39k over the CBR150i. What's saving a broken arm or a skin graft or brain damage worth to you? Earlier you said your budget was 150k, the CBR 250 is well within this.

Ohhh, don't forget to allow an extra THB 6-8k for decent tyres. I'm guessing the new CBRs will have plastic tyres on them (as did the older CBR150 and the Ninja 250), not rubber ones! Peace

I will see what the honda dealer has to say when back from BKK tomorov, havent decided which one i want yet, kinda depends on when i can have it delivered, if i have to wait longer for the 250 i think il go for the 150 hehe.

By: Anonymous: Nilez ()  Thursday, 02 December 2010 @ 05:33 PM ICT  

Hey Reggae what have you decided? what dealer told you? c'mon people let this forum breath a bit, dont let it die.

19 posts :: Page 1 of 2
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 132 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association