By: Anonymous: jim2sx ()  Thursday, 24 April 2008 @ 05:31 PM ICT (Read 19146 times)  

pls help

By: Anonymous: Somchai ()  Thursday, 24 April 2008 @ 07:38 PM ICT  

The Suzuki Shogun 125 is a perfect motorcycle, if you looking for something which is a bit sporty. The Suzuki has good looks and is basically the next step from a full automatic, with its 4-speed gear box with automatic clutch the engine of the Suzuki Shogun is one of the most full economic 125cc motorcycles around, able to ride 40 to 50 kilometer per liter of full is not uncommon. If compared to a Yamaha Fino 115cc full automatic which does something like 20 to 30 km/l. The more expensive Honda Wave 125i (with state of the art fuel injection) is the best on fuel economics, but cost also about 10,000 Baht more.

The engine of Suzuki Shogun is kept simple, it is a 125cc, SOHC 2-valve, air-cooled engine with a 53,5mm bore and 55,2mm stroke capable of producing a little more then 10 horsepower @ 8000rpm.

The main difference of the several models Suzuki has on the market, mainly outside Thailand, can be found in the maximum torque the simplest Shogun 125SP in Indonesian produces about 0.9 nm and the Shogun 125RR is capable of pushing it up to 1.1 nm.

The Suzuki Shogun comes very complete and is standard equipped with kick and electric starter. I never had any problem with Suzuki bikes. The last one I have to give away from my wife because it did not look good anymore, understandable after 15 years, the plastic fairing had hardly any color left.

The main downside, is that the Suzuki Shogun 125 has much competition from the Honda Sonic 125, Yamaha X-1 and the Kawasaki ZX130. The Honda Sonic 125 equipped with Honda CBR125 engine is about the same price in Thailand.

By: news (offline)  Thursday, 24 April 2008 @ 07:41 PM ICT  

The price difference between a Suzuki Shogun 125 and a Honda Wave 125i is about 5,000 Baht.

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Anonymous: jim2sx ()  Wednesday, 14 May 2008 @ 09:44 AM ICT  

thanks guys... may i know what problems did you encounter with your 15 year old shogun sp?

By: Anonymous: Somchai ()  Wednesday, 14 May 2008 @ 10:32 AM ICT  

The 15 year old Suzuki 125cc motorcycle was not a Shogun 125, but still I says something about the quality of Suzuki bikes. I belief that the bike is still running, we just bough a new one, and sold the old one, mainly because the old Suzuki started to cost more and more for servicing.

Thinking back about what serious repairs we had don, I can only remember costly repairs due to accidents we had with the motorcycle.

5 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 134 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association