By: Anonymous: Ian ()  Tuesday, 21 September 2010 @ 12:36 PM ICT (Read 6246 times)  

Does the A.P.I. Tech PGM-FI blackbox for the Honda PCX 125 also work for other Honda PGM-FI motorcycles/scooters?

By: Anonymous: Somchai ()  Tuesday, 21 September 2010 @ 03:40 PM ICT  

Quote by: Ian

Does the A.P.I. Tech PGM-FI blackbox for the Honda PCX 125 also work for other Honda PGM-FI motorcycles/scooters?

It's probably not that difficult to modify the PGM-FI program system to work with other PGM-FI (after all PGM-FI stands for Programmable-Fuel-injection)

By: taichiplanet (offline)  Wednesday, 22 September 2010 @ 08:17 AM ICT  

Would like to apply this to my Wave 110i AT! Any idea of costs?

Although there are many different cultures, races and religions in the world, there are only 3 types of people; those that squeeze every last drop out of a toothpaste tube, those that don’t and those that think they do.

taichiplanet

Group Comfort
Level:
: +4

By: Richard (offline)  Wednesday, 22 September 2010 @ 08:29 AM ICT  

Quote by: taichiplanet

Would like to apply this to my Wave 110i AT! Any idea of costs?

The first indications are that the manufacture is marketing motorcycle repair/service shops with a complete setup, which includes a simple dyno, software and the programmer.

I believe that in a later stage the manufacturer will try to follow the idea and way how Dynojet Power Commander III works, so that users can adjust a little themselves and load fueling-map themselves.

The current setup will likely cost something of 15 to 20,000 Baht, but that will drop a lot when they will introduce a end-user very of the software and programming system (this will also not include the dyno).

As you maybe can understand, the people who developed this system, are currently not to happy to share technical details. They likely scared that somebody is going to copy there development work, and it would not be the first time that something like that happens.

But to answer your question, I have the idea that the programmer, maybe with some small adjustments will also work for other Honda PGM-FI motorcycles/scooters. Otherwise some motorcycle repair/service shops would find the 20,000 Baht investment maybe a bit on to high.

Richard

Group Comfort
Level:
: +10

By: Anonymous: Programmer ()  Thursday, 23 September 2010 @ 11:45 AM ICT  

The manufacturer of the PGM-FI programming tool, A.P.I. Tech, hold coming Saturday (25 September) an information, training and show-off demonstration. If you're interested you can call 02-948-8680Scoot-On

5 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 135 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association