10 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Anonymous: barusu ()  Saturday, 19 April 2008 @ 01:21 AM ICT (Read 31819 times)  

Hey all.

I'm flying into Phuket soon, and I'm planning to rent a bike in Phuket, to ride out to Krabi and back.

I've been told that most bike rentals for tourists in Thailand are secured by handing over your passport. I'm not willing to do that, so can anybody recommend a decent place in Phuket where I might be able to rent?

I'm only there for a week, but I'd consider buying a cheap bike if I could be guaranteed of selling it again at the end.

Thanks!

By: Anonymous: Daniel ()  Saturday, 19 April 2008 @ 05:41 PM ICT  

Renting bikes in phuket is pretty easy, but youll have to hand over your passport though. Its very common. Im in phuket at the moment on my second trip to thailand, and ive had to hand over my passport for bike rentals about 5-6 times already.

Its safe, no need to worry - they usually show you the other peoples passports they have. Just make sure you get a bike from a reasonably nice looking place, not a makeshift fella on side of road under an umbrella.

I couldn't possibly imagine having to try and buy and sell a bike within a week - that would be a nightmare !!!!

Road bikes (racers 1000cc) 1500 Baht
Scooters about 150-250 baht per day.
Road cruisers/ choppers - between 500 to 1000 per day.

Cheap eh....

Have fun.
Daniel

By: Anonymous: CJ ()  Wednesday, 18 June 2008 @ 10:49 PM ICT  

We rented bikes on many occasions all over Thailand (Pai, Chiang Mai, Phuket). Each time we handed over a colour copy of our passport with our signature on. Your original passport is an official document that you should always have with you despite what rental companies tells you. I must admit that sometimes we had discussions about it but as a middle couple of farangs, experienced bikers as well, they usually are more easy going that with young- let's party-farang types. And if they make a fuss out of it; you still can ask another rental company next to them... In any case stay polite of course but determined to keep your passport. Oh yeah, especially in Phuket do wear the helmet!

By: Anonymous: capri25 ()  Thursday, 21 August 2008 @ 01:31 AM ICT  

Hi all,

Hoping that someone can help me....I would like to know where I can rent a racing bike like Ducati or Suzuki Hayabusa or BMW in Phuket. I want to get arrangement to collect the rental bike from the airport on friday 22/08/08 and return on 24/08/08. Pls help!!!! Many many thanks to the kind soul who can help me...

By: Anonymous: Anon ()  Tuesday, 26 August 2008 @ 02:23 PM ICT  

I know 10's of the bike bike rentors from Patong (my missus rents scooters).. Not one of them rent without a passport or other clear ID.

Understandably your riding off on thier 300k ish machine, they want to have an absolute hold that even if you stuff it your going to return to face the music and pay up.

You might be able to swing it with an international DL but I doubt it.

By: Anonymous: Brian ()  Thursday, 28 August 2008 @ 04:13 AM ICT  

Do you have to have an international license? Also, does anyone have any links to the motorcycle rental companies?

By: Anonymous: Bryce ()  Sunday, 11 April 2010 @ 11:20 AM ICT  

I have rented bikes at least 4 times in Phuket and i have just handed over a photo id eg: gun licence or student card. If your very polite then Thai people will remain friendly and accomodate.

By: Anonymous: bud ()  Friday, 11 February 2011 @ 02:34 PM ICT  

try these guys v-cheap 150baht per day. ( B & N's hire Phuket) they do a free delivery & collection service.

www.phuket-motorbike-hire.co.uk/

By: Anonymous: Ewan ()  Sunday, 17 July 2011 @ 11:00 AM ICT  

Hey Guys, Im looking for a 150 - 200 cc sports bike to rent for a month while im in phuket doing MMA training. Any suggestions of a place with a good selection of bikes at reasonable monthly rental prices? Cheers. Smile

By: Anonymous: David T. ()  Sunday, 03 February 2013 @ 02:17 PM ICT  

5 Yak motorbikes. They have new motorbikes 200Baht per days very nice.Can booking at 5yakmotorbikes@gmail.com

10 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 135 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association