By: Anonymous: James ()  Wednesday, 02 April 2008 @ 03:43 PM ICT (Read 4124 times)  

I have a read a lot about these so-called 'street tires' that can do a bit of gravel/rutted tracks. Can it be possible for a radial tire to really work on rural Thai gravel roads? The reason for my question is that I am looking to put a set of new tires on to my Ducati Multistrada 620 and would like a good all round tire. Dunlop has launched a D270. Do you have any recommendations? What is the tire life like when compared to a standard radial tire?

By: news (offline)  Thursday, 03 April 2008 @ 09:14 AM ICT  

This type of tire has been developed to give the right 'look' to bikes that will, in the normal course of their life, never see anything more challenging than a gravel path. Are they good tires? Yes, are they dual purpose? Well, sort of, as long as the rider is realistic about where they are going and what they are riding.

Tires of this are usually have a sport/touring carcass with a harder wearing tread. I get feedback from riders on sportbikes from up country rural areas, who ride 20mn plus on gravel roads before they get to any asphalt, it doesn't stop them using sport or sport/touring radials. In the real world we all have to compromise to make our riding work for us, bike manufacturers would much prefer we have at least three bikes each and use recommended products on each of them.

Look at where you ride and use a tire that suits at least 90 percent of the riding you do

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Anonymous: Phil B ()  Saturday, 28 June 2008 @ 12:29 PM ICT  

I looking for a set of Dunlop D606 for my Drz400s. Does anyone no where to get a set or something similar ?

By: news (offline)  Sunday, 29 June 2008 @ 09:12 AM ICT  

Finding a specific product in Thailand can be a bit difficult. But I belief that you will have the best result by calling 02-819 9070 or fax 02-463 6854. Email can also at yokoalloy(at)hotmail.com

(It is possible that emailing is not the fastest option, my advice is to ask a Thai friend to call)

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Anonymous: Phil B ()  Monday, 30 June 2008 @ 03:11 PM ICT  

Great, using the number you gave me, My wife was given another number and then after that call another number of some local (Hua Hin) who maybe able to order some for me. I'll let you know the out come.

Thanks for the help.

5 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 134 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association