26 posts :: Page 1 of 2
By: news (offline)  Tuesday, 20 July 2010 @ 09:52 PM ICT (Read 23172 times)  

Honda will introduce an all-new sportsbike type motorcycle which will be introduced first to the Thai market this fall, then to other markets around the world. Honda will increase the number of global models produced in Asia.

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Anonymous: John ()  Tuesday, 20 July 2010 @ 10:32 PM ICT  

Wow good news, I was thinking about buying a boxer rs250 think I will wait.

By: Anonymous: TimW ()  Wednesday, 21 July 2010 @ 07:23 AM ICT  

250cc is currently the class that's really got everybody buzzing these days, with more bikes and greater variety of engineering than any other? I'm referring to real bikes, of course. I found a few budget bikes that I consider exceptionally good valve, from quite a few manufacturers.

I hear rumors that Yamaha is bringing the Scorpio to the market in Thailand, powered by a 22cc, two-valve, air-cooled single and it might have to make do with a drum brake on the back but if it's budget who's arguing

By: Richard (offline)  Wednesday, 21 July 2010 @ 08:39 AM ICT  

I confirm the Honda CBR150R replacement comes in September, its apparently a complete new model – and as usual Honda is very secretly about the specifications.

I know nothing about a Yamaha Scorpio (223cc) motorcycle... So difficult to comment on that, but surely Yamaha will have some idea about joining the 250cc motorcycle class.

Richard

Group Comfort
Level:
: +10

By: taichiplanet (offline)  Wednesday, 21 July 2010 @ 10:11 AM ICT  

If its true, then about bloody time! Only 2 years behind when they should have brought it out.

It is a fine line to bring out something for the right price with good specs, maybe they need to bring out 2 models; one for around B80k for a CBR150 replacement and another around B140k to compete with the Kwaka Ninja 250.

Of course i won't believe anything til i see it in the showroom for sale. How many times now has there been rumours of a Honda 250cc bike or a replacement for the CBR150; i suppose one day one of the rumours will come true!

Although there are many different cultures, races and religions in the world, there are only 3 types of people; those that squeeze every last drop out of a toothpaste tube, those that don’t and those that think they do.

taichiplanet

Group Comfort
Level:
: +4

By: Richard (offline)  Wednesday, 21 July 2010 @ 10:39 AM ICT  

Hi Taichiplanet,

This time it isn't a rumor, the Honda CBR150R replacement comes in September. The only thing I know for sure is the launch date, Thailand will have the premiere – then, on later dates, Honda will introduce the model on other markets.
Honda CBR

Richard

Group Comfort
Level:

By: REDDY (offline)  Wednesday, 21 July 2010 @ 12:33 PM ICT  

Would the CBR125FI be made available locally then to replace the CBR150R in the market, or would it be a 250FI?
If Thailand gets the premiere release then it would be an entirely new model then, wouldn't it be?

REDDY

Group Comfort
Level:
: 0

By: taichiplanet (offline)  Wednesday, 21 July 2010 @ 04:48 PM ICT  

Does Thailand even have a 'Fall'?! Big Grin

It would make sense to still have an entry level sports bike and a bigger or higher spec one too. Of course the flaw in my argument is "it would make sense". Thinking

Although there are many different cultures, races and religions in the world, there are only 3 types of people; those that squeeze every last drop out of a toothpaste tube, those that don’t and those that think they do.

taichiplanet

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Anonymous: silly ()  Friday, 30 July 2010 @ 01:40 PM ICT  

In the Bangkok Post of today they confirm that a new Honda sportsbike is coming, only they say it comes in October. They also say Honda big bikes are coming.

By: taichiplanet (offline)  Friday, 30 July 2010 @ 02:29 PM ICT  

Thanks for the info Silly. Here is the link

www.bangkokpost.com/business/marketing/188392/honda-shifts-to-new-gear

Notice it says "plans to launch a new sport model in Thailand by October if development goes as planned." Which leaves a nice out if it doesn't happen. Be great if it does come true!

taichiplanet

Group Comfort
Level:

By: REDDY (offline)  Friday, 13 August 2010 @ 03:30 PM ICT  

Wouldn't mind something like this instead of a sports model...

REDDY

Group Comfort
Level:

By: news (offline)  Friday, 13 August 2010 @ 03:47 PM ICT  

Quote by: REDDY

Wouldn't mind something like this instead of a sports model...

The Honda XRE300 would be an excellent machine for Thailand, but its not very likely that it comes to Thailand. 300cc is 50cc to much for being affordable.

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: REDDY (offline)  Friday, 13 August 2010 @ 04:28 PM ICT  

Yeah, it's 50cc in excess...

Well, they were saying they were premiering a new model here. So who knows? A lower displacement XRE (fingers crossed)?

I think a 150cc model should hit the sweet spot.

REDDY

Group Comfort
Level:

By: taichiplanet (offline)  Sunday, 15 August 2010 @ 01:27 PM ICT  

Nowhere to mount a shopping basket in the front though. Big Grin

So when is fall? Mid September? The anticipation is agonising!

taichiplanet

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Richard (offline)  Sunday, 15 August 2010 @ 07:07 PM ICT  

My advice is t0 start looking "now-and-then" at your local Honda dealer from mid September. The actual launch date of the new Honda motorcycle has little to do with design, mechanics, technology or production, and much more to do with astrology and mystical belief that some dates and days are more favorable than other days to launch a new product in Thailand.

Richard

Group Comfort
Level:

26 posts :: Page 1 of 2
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 171 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association