26 posts :: Page 2 of 2
By: REDDY (offline)  Monday, 16 August 2010 @ 12:24 PM ICT  

You might also want to ask your local shaman or abbot as to which dates would be good to start a business venture. Better yet, if you can read Thai, pick up a Thai almanac.

Methinks it might be sometime near King Rama V's day or Auk Phansaa (the end of Buddhist Lent).

REDDY

Group Comfort
Level:
: 0

By: Anonymous: Julien ()  Monday, 13 September 2010 @ 11:02 AM ICT  

Hi everybody,

Does anybody have an idea of the release date of Honda Big Bikes ? and Which models are they going to releasefor the thai market?
In the last Bangkok Post article Honda mentioned there would release new models for Thailand in Fall, but so far the 'Big Wing' Show Room (on Ramintra) has not opened yet, and the rumors say it will not open until next year...!

any comments/suggestions ?
Julien

By: Anonymous: dmarsh51 ()  Thursday, 16 September 2010 @ 05:02 PM ICT  

Ok, here in Chiang Mai the Honda dealer on Huay Kaew Road, who speaks pretty good English, SWORE to me last month that the "new CBR 150" would "be here soon". He even took my name and phone number and promised to call as soon as they came in. Not satisfied with that, I sent an email to APHONDA here in Thailand asking about it. The reply I got from a guy named Suthepsom from the Customer Relations Dept, was that "a new model will be introduced soon". I followed that up with an email asking specifically if it would be a new CBR 150, or some other new model, but it's been 2 weeks and no reply.

They're still producing the CBR 150, because September is the month when they introduced it to India, but those still have carburetors, whereas all Honda bikes for Thailand are to be F/I. I've also heard September for the new model, but then heard October. I'll give them till January, and if nothing by then, I'm going with the Ninja 250.

By: Richard (offline)  Thursday, 16 September 2010 @ 06:09 PM ICT  

Quote by: dmarsh51

Ok, here in Chiang Mai the Honda dealer on Huay Kaew Road, who speaks pretty good English, SWORE to me last month that the "new CBR 150" would "be here soon". He even took my name and phone number and promised to call as soon as they came in. Not satisfied with that, I sent an email to APHONDA here in Thailand asking about it. The reply I got from a guy named Suthepsom from the Customer Relations Dept, was that "a new model will be introduced soon". I followed that up with an email asking specifically if it would be a new CBR 150, or some other new model, but it's been 2 weeks and no reply.

They're still producing the CBR 150, because September is the month when they introduced it to India, but those still have carburetors, whereas all Honda bikes for Thailand are to be F/I. I've also heard September for the new model, but then heard October. I'll give them till January, and if nothing by then, I'm going with the Ninja 250.

Dear dmarsh51,

Currently Honda Thailand is not producing CBR150R motorcycles, and as we cannot tell the actual specifications of the new sporty Honda motorcycle we can revile that its not a CBR150 with fuel-injection. You email to Khun Suthepsom will probably remain unanswered as all Honda employees have strict rules not to tell anything to anybody...

I'm sure if you visit your Honda dealer and ask him again, than he will likely remember that Honda told dealers of a new sporty motorcycle which would replace the CBR150R as top choice...

For the Indian market, I'm not aware that Honda introduced the CBR150R there - I only know that Honda two-wheel India has introduced the Honda CBR1000RR in India this month. So this could also be a misunderstanding. www.honda2wheelersindia.com/

Richard

Group Comfort
Level:
: +10

By: taichiplanet (offline)  Thursday, 16 September 2010 @ 08:57 PM ICT  

My Honda dealer also swore to me that Honda was introducing a bigger bike than the CBR150R in Thailand ......... that was 2 years ago! Roll Eyes

The Honda VTR250 would be a nice bike for Thailand. I'm also waiting to see if Tiger Sachs will bring out the Sachs X-Road 250 sometime soon.

Although there are many different cultures, races and religions in the world, there are only 3 types of people; those that squeeze every last drop out of a toothpaste tube, those that don’t and those that think they do.

taichiplanet

Group Comfort
Level:
: +4

By: Anonymous: dmarsh51 ()  Monday, 20 September 2010 @ 11:52 AM ICT  

Quote by: Richard

Dear dmarsh51,

Currently Honda Thailand is not producing CBR150R motorcycles, and as we cannot tell the actual specifications of the new sporty Honda motorcycle we can revile that its not a CBR150 with fuel-injection. You email to Khun Suthepsom will probably remain unanswered as all Honda employees have strict rules not to tell anything to anybody...

I'm sure if you visit your Honda dealer and ask him again, than he will likely remember that Honda told dealers of a new sporty motorcycle which would replace the CBR150R as top choice...

For the Indian market, I'm not aware that Honda introduced the CBR150R there - I only know that Honda two-wheel India has introduced the Honda CBR1000RR in India this month. So this could also be a misunderstanding. www.honda2wheelersindia.com/

With all due respect, I don't remember right now where, but about a month ago I definitely read an article that CLEARLY stated that Honda would be introducing the CBR 150 in India in the month of September. This was not some "blog", but an official communique from Honda in regards to Honda news. I will try to see if I can find it again.

I agree that Honda is staying tight-lipped about WHAT the "new model coming soon" will be, but can only go by the comments of two different Honda employees that a "new CBR is coming soon". Now, whether that's going to be a 150 with F/I, a 250 (which I would love to see), or something else remains to be seen. So, until Honda actually does say what's coming, or simply puts it in the show rooms, or unless someone can come up with something definitive from Honda, the only thing ANY of us can do is merely speculate and guess.

By: Richard (offline)  Wednesday, 22 September 2010 @ 08:16 AM ICT  

Quote by: Richard

Dear dmarsh51,

With all due respect, I don't remember right now where, but about a month ago I definitely read an article that CLEARLY stated that Honda would be introducing the CBR 150 in India in the month of September. This was not some "blog", but an official communique from Honda in regards to Honda news. I will try to see if I can find it again.

I agree that Honda is staying tight-lipped about WHAT the "new model coming soon" will be, but can only go by the comments of two different Honda employees that a "new CBR is coming soon". Now, whether that's going to be a 150 with F/I, a 250 (which I would love to see), or something else remains to be seen. So, until Honda actually does say what's coming, or simply puts it in the show rooms, or unless someone can come up with something definitive from Honda, the only thing ANY of us can do is merely speculate and guess.

Sure we can only speculate on what Honda is going to introduce, but we know some things for sure. Developing a complete new engine would be to expensive and is very likely not on the menu, therefore we can look what Honda Thailand currently is producing. First is a 223cc single-cylinder engine with PGM-FI, second is a V-twin 250cc engine. And last is a single-cylinder 125cc engine which we not have to exclude, although I was told in early 2009 (by Honda people) that a 250cc bike was plant in last quarter of 2010.

Richard

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Anonymous: Bam ()  Saturday, 25 September 2010 @ 08:55 PM ICT  

The only thing we know for sure is that it is a Honda and will be extremely good quality, It's a Honda...

By: Anonymous: CBR150lover ()  Sunday, 26 September 2010 @ 05:54 PM ICT  

Honda is going to introduce the Honda CBR 150 with fuel-injection on Saturday, October 30 at Huamark Stadium, 2088 Ramkamheang Road., Huamark, Bangkapi in Bangkok

By: ThaiDesign (offline)  Sunday, 26 September 2010 @ 06:00 PM ICT  

Quote by: CBR150lover

Honda is going to introduce the Honda CBR 150 with fuel-injection on Saturday, October 30 at Huamark Stadium, 2088 Ramkamheang Road., Huamark, Bangkapi in Bangkok

I not say it is not true, but before you go - I advice you to check with the Huamark Stadium if there's actually a happening with Honda Thailand or APHonda, and if you are actually welcome uninvited, you can contact them by telephone on number 02-318-0940-4.

ThaiDesign

Group Comfort
Level:
: +30

By: Richard (offline)  Monday, 27 September 2010 @ 01:03 PM ICT  

The date of the Honda event is confirmed and they will introduce a new model, even two models is possible. Is it a Honda CBR-150, is it a CBR250, you can know first hand by sending an SMS to 460266 with the text "Honda your name" and your receive an invitation.

Click on image to open

Richard

Group Comfort
Level:

26 posts :: Page 2 of 2
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 170 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association