25 posts :: Page 2 of 2
By: silenzo (offline)  Wednesday, 10 July 2013 @ 01:28 AM ICT  

Quote by: Max

I`ve been doing a bit of online research on the Benelli BN600. Frame made in Italy and based on the Aprilia Shiver. R6 based engine made at the state of the art QJ factory in China. The bike is a real bargain in Italy where it costs the equivalent of 237000฿ on the road. It`s good that the choice of reasonably priced bigger bikes is increasing here.

Hmm, so import tax in Italy is less than in Thailand then. Years ahead, and counting, when import tax from Japan bike manufacturer is close to zero Smile

silenzo

Group Comfort
Level:
: +2

By: news (offline)  Wednesday, 10 July 2013 @ 08:53 AM ICT  

Quote by: silenzo

Quote by: news

I probably will not compare the Benelli BN600 to a Ducati motorcycle on quality, and performance, but the Benelli BN600 is a good alternative for the Honda CB500F and the Kawasaki ER6N.

I compare because both BN & Monster equipped with 4 cylinders engine Smile

Not that I say that two or four cylinders is better, but all the motorcycles from Ducati that you can buy are equipped with V-Twin (Ducati calls it a L-Twin) engines. The only 4-cylinder from Ducati is the immensely expensive MotoGP replica bike they sold a few years back, and of course the MotoGP bikes they currently race with in the MotoGP.

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: news (offline)  Friday, 12 July 2013 @ 08:09 PM ICT  

I`ve been doing a bit of online research on the Benelli BN600. Frame made in Italy and based on the Aprilia Shiver. R6 based engine made at the state of the art QJ factory in China. The bike is a real bargain in Italy where it costs the equivalent of 237000฿ on the road. It`s good that the choice of reasonably priced bigger bikes is increasing here.

In geometry the frame of the Benelli BN600 is not based on the Aprilia Shiver. Actual Aprilia copied the frame geometry from the Bimoto Tesi 3D, which had hub-center steering, and the Bimoto Tesi 3D was designed by the same designer as the Benelli BN600 and was originally also equipped with hub-center steering.

The board of directors found that the hub-steering steering was to radical for a motorcycle which would be manufactured in China, and they therefore went for a more conventional design of hydraulic forks. Which comes by design close to the design of the Aprilia Shiver. With the exception that the Aprilia was designed by an independent team which looked for alternative motorcycle chassis geometry, which they apparently found in the Bimoto Tesi 3D.

Here a picture of the original design of the Benelli BN600
Click on image to open

news

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Anonymous: Jeffrey ()  Sunday, 14 July 2013 @ 07:26 AM ICT  

I probably will not compare the Benelli BN600 to a Ducati motorcycle on quality, and performance, but the Benelli BN600 is a good alternative for the Honda CB500F and the Kawasaki ER6N.

Then you would be making a mistake. The Benelli has equal or better build quality and good performance at a wonderful price point for Thailand

By: Max (offline)  Sunday, 14 July 2013 @ 12:25 PM ICT  

Quote by: Jeffrey

Then you would be making a mistake. The Benelli has equal or better build quality and good performance at a wonderful price point for Thailand

Completely agree with you Jeffrey. Having seen the Benelli 600 close up I was very impressed with the build quality and think it compares very favourably with the Duc 795 Monster available here.

Max

Group Comfort
Level:

By: silenzo (offline)  Monday, 15 July 2013 @ 11:18 PM ICT  

In geometry the frame of the Benelli BN600 is not based on the Aprilia Shiver. Actual Aprilia copied the frame geometry from the Bimoto Tesi 3D, which had hub-center steering, and the Bimoto Tesi 3D was designed by the same designer as the Benelli BN600 and was originally also equipped with hub-center steering.

The board of directors found that the hub-steering steering was to radical for a motorcycle which would be manufactured in China, and they therefore went for a more conventional design of hydraulic forks. Which comes by design close to the design of the Aprilia Shiver. With the exception that the Aprilia was designed by an independent team which looked for alternative motorcycle chassis geometry, which they apparently found in the Bimoto Tesi 3D.

Here a picture of the original design of the Benelli BN600

This design looks like super bike concept (with fairing). The one that we see now is naked bike, like semi touring type. What a drastic change from the concept Smile

silenzo

Group Comfort
Level:

By: silenzo (offline)  Sunday, 21 July 2013 @ 08:18 PM ICT  

The new Benelli showroom in Bangkok is located at:

Kaset-Nawamin, 15/66 Prasert-Manukitch Road,
Nuanjan, Bungkum, Bangkok...

I try to visit this showroom today but no luck. Exactly at 15 Prasert-Manukitch Road but no Benelli showroom there. Anyone kind to share the location in google maps/ coordinate? Many thanks.

silenzo

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Anonymous: B3x ()  Monday, 07 November 2016 @ 10:03 AM ICT  

Hard to miss Benelli on Prasert-Manukitch Road, they have some pretty big signs.

Click on image to open

By: Anonymous: Pablo ()  Monday, 16 January 2017 @ 08:56 PM ICT  

Hello! Im going to be in Bangkok in february and i want to know ir you sell parts for a Benelli 600. Igual need sometido things that ir cant find here in Argentina. Thank you!

Do you have an email adress??

By: news (offline)  Wednesday, 18 January 2017 @ 06:54 AM ICT  

Hello Pablo,

You can contact Benelli Thailand by the contact form on there website www.benelli-thailand.co.th/contact-us/

news

Group Comfort
Level:

25 posts :: Page 2 of 2
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 292 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association